What's my personal contribution?
Working with key stakeholders, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning, delivery and ongoing maximisation of subscription marketing campaigns to drive both acquisition and retention across the Mail subscription portfolio.What are my accountabilities?
- Work alongside the CMO to develop and manage the subscription strategy, including the annual subscription acquisition and retention plan
- Work closely with the finance team to set subscription targets and establish monthly review results.
- Work alongside the Senior Product Manager to establish best in class customer journeys that drive high conversion (acquisition) and retention across the subscription and loyalty portfolio, including a testing roadmap
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all subscription and MyMail marketing campaigns, across owned, earned and paid channels
- Responsible for briefing all teams, including CRM and Product on the latest campaigns, including providing relevant campaign assets
- To ensure all advertising output adheres to regulatory requirements
- Work alongside the promotions and brand teams for the approvals process for all partner marketing, and on all creative feedback
- To ensure campaign wash-ups are complete and presented to teams on a quarterly basis
- Understanding The Mail marketing values, its positioning and key competitive advantages and translate this into meaningful and effective subscription marketing campaigns
- Budget management
- Experience of managing subscription programmes that include a loyalty product or offering. This should include both acquisition and retention marketing knowledge.
- Experience of managing integrated campaigns from creative development to production
- Experience of paid media channel planning, including Social, Search, Display and Affiliate.
- An understanding and experience at using a variety of marketing and communication levers
- Strong copy writing skills
- A solid knowledge of and experience in the media industry
- Commercially and organisationally astute
- Experience and proven ability to influence key stakeholders from around the business and securing buy-in to integrated product and marketing plans
- A passion for our brands
- First rate communications skills including outstanding ability to brief 3rd party's and colleagues, PowerPoint and presentational ability
- Good negotiation and relationship skills and an ability to operate within a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
DMG includes many well known and most loved brands including Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro and The i. Through our national newspapers, websites and mobile services, we connect with over 45% of the UK's adult population with over 130 million consumer touch points per month.