DescriptionJob Title: Director of Brand CreativeDepartment/Group: Brand MarketingLine Manager: Brand Marketing DirectorLocation: LondonContract Type: PermanentTravel Required: OccasionalWho We Are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we've taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It's not an easy task - it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that's as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It's a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.What You'll Be Doing
As Director of Brand Creative working with the Brand team, you will be responsible for defining and delivering the creative direction of all MADE marketing and communications. You will lead an in-house team comprising art direction, graphic design, editorial/copy, visual merchandising, production and the e-commerce studio. This team is responsible for delivering all touchpoints from major brand campaigns through to digital, social and physical experiences as well as the total e-commerce copy and imagery. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a world-class creative leader who can push for excellence while nurturing and developing a large team.This is your day
RequirementsWhat you'll need
- You work 'culture-back' by being the champion of our digital native customers and creating work they'll love. You'll know how to keep our brand at the forefront of culture through creativity, focusing your energy on breakthrough activations that will make our brand stand out across markets.
- You'll set the creative vision for the MADE brand working collaboratively with the brand marketing leadership and members of the Exec. With your team - and relevant external partners - you will lead the creative direction and development of all our brand assets.
- You set the direction for all campaigns and content - developing impactful campaigns that resonate with our audience, get them talking, land impactful messages and build on our brand assets and voice. You'll be hands-on, leading from the front, developing concepts, crafting stories, art directing shoots and overseeing the execution of campaigns.
- You'll define photography, design and video guidelines that ensure all our content looks, feels and sounds uniquely us. Partnering with our product, tech and Showroom teams you ensure our guidelines are lived through every touchpoint.
- By continually learning about the customer and the insights that motivate them you'll help build a famous design brand that's made for them and the changes they want to see (even anticipating and shaping what designer culture is) in the world. You probably geek out on culture whether that's design, photography or tech to continually fuel your own creative vision and develop new ways to excite our digital native customers. You can distill game-changing ideas in snackable formats to cut through the noise in the places and platforms our customers spend their time.
- As the Director of Brand Creative you're one of the beacons of creativity within a creative company and you'll proactively identify areas to improve. You're just as comfortable explaining the future trajectory of the brand to the Exec as spotting a typo, misaligned layout or dodgy edit.
- You'll create the spaces, meetings and brainstorms that empower the team to come up with truly exciting ideas, and with your significant experience and network, you'll show them how to deliver. You're a next generation creative leader who lacks ego, works collaboratively and knows that none of us is as good as all of us.
- As a leader you can develop a diverse range of people and skills whether that's concepting or retouching, art direction or production, visual merchandising or motion graphics. You work hard to create an open, collaborative culture where the whole team are confident enough to challenge each other, 'tough on the work, kind to each other'.
- You partner closely with both central and local marketing teams to develop breakthrough creative work that balances commercial needs with innovation and longer-term brand building. You understand how to manage creativity within the parameters of project allocation and resources.
- You're passionate about delivering our company wide policies (such as sustainability, and diversity and inclusion) that are consistently delivered through our brand activities.
- You continually raise the bar for what good looks like, what we should be standing for and marketing that gets talked about.
BenefitsWhat we offer
- Proven track record of building distinctive brand campaigns, assets and guidelines, either agency side or in-house. International and multi-market experience is highly desirable.
- Significant team leadership experience (ideally 15-20+ people).
- Creativity: You're full of ideas, not precious about any, but can make them happen.
- Customer-centric mindset: you understand how a consumer might react and how to influence them or get them talking about MADE.
- Leadership: you're a strong manager who can get the most out of your team and remove uncertainty to allow them to perform at their best.
- Proactive: self-motivated and solutions-driven with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Resilience: creative leadership is continual and fast-moving, so it's crucial you find ways to reflect on you and your team's pace as well as strategies to manage your own energy. It's a marathon not a sprint
- Strategic: ability to understand how creative decisions impact the overall direction of the brand, and an openness to gain greater consumer insight into creative work.
- Storyteller: Excellent communication, presentation and storytelling skills. Strong verbal and written English is required. Fluency in French, German and any other language is highly desirable.
- Understanding of brand positioning, communications and retail environment - particularly home, furniture and related lifestyle categories - highly desirable
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of London!
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We're proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra holiday day for every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we're open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it's important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Applications without a Portfolio and Cover Letter will not be considered. MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone's voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.