MCS Group is searching for a talented, Lead User Researcher for a truly unique and innovative software company that has grown from strength-to-strength since setting up across multiple locations in the UK over 5 years ago. A truly unique firm, they work across a huge spectrum of clients; from technology start-ups to enterprise level clients throughout the UK (and beyond) along with creating their own cutting-edge products for a growing range of industries. This is a brand new role within their growing UK team and will afford you to take a key role in User Experience Research, specifically focusing on the discovery phase across a range of brand-new products and projects currently in development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any passionate User Researcher to join a growing company and take complete ownership of how this firm does User Research.
Remote working within the UK, with the opportunity to occasionally come to the Belfast or London offices! The Role
- You'll manage the end to end user research process on engagements, with a specific focus on discovery phase of projects.
- You'll immerse yourself in user research and analysis methods (specifically qualitative research).
- You'll partner closely with the CIO and Head of UX supporting them on innovation projects.
- You'll work with multi-disciplined teams including UX designers, developers, product managers; with your research having direct impact on user flows, wire-frames, mock-ups, live style guides, and assets.
- The Lead User Researcher will have experience facilitating user research from discovery and problem definition to prototype testing and analyzing user behavioural analytics.
- Understand research best practices from writing surveys to running usability tests
- Be familiar with UX design methodologies and how research ties into the wider experience design process.
- Be confident producing research and definition documentation - from sharing research insights, creating customer journey maps or piecing together an information architecture
- Be comfortable in a client-facing and user-facing role, running workshops and interviews
- Be happy to travel on occasion
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the right to work in the UK
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Chris Busby, Head of Permanent IT Recruitment at MCS Group 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided. All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
- Up to £60k depending upon experience with a leading benefits package which includes 15% bonus, pension and potential of share options.