Company DescriptionAbout us
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.Job DescriptionBecome part of the team
Our UK Public Sector team brings creative solutions to our work with clients from central government, Ministry of Defence and wider national public bodies to transport agencies, universities and local authorities.
As a technology led innovation and transformation consultancy, we connect services to the public more strongly. We combine innovative problem solving with expertise from across industry as well as the public sector. We also work alongside our clients' teams. This means the benefits of our work appear sooner. And it builds a strong commitment from our clients to seeing through the results of what we develop together.
Those results can range from transforming IT, developing the workforce and changing organisations' culture, to revolutionising people's experience of services.We Help Clients To
Our team are now looking to recruit bid writers to help produce professionally written proposal and pitch content that superbly articulates the organisations value proposition and win bids
- Understand what people need from services
- Make themselves more efficient by changing how you operate
- Exploit the opportunities of digital technology and manage the risks
- Develop the skills and confidence to use different approaches to problem solving in responding to challenges like austerity and an ageing population in ways that bring lasting results
- Make organisational and cultural change stick.
.What We're Looking For
This is a highly influential role that requires a forensic attention to detail Your enjoyment to network with key members of the business and ability to work under pressure with demanding deadlines will drive your success. Working with Bid Managers and Solution Architects, the Bid Writer plays a leading role in ensuring the effective co-ordination and timely completion of tenders. You will be supported by the Bid Manager and Partner level members of the team to help develop and guide your career at PA.Experience
- Proven skills in writing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment
- Experienced in leading storyboarding sessions
- Participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign-off, and document production
- Excellent written English language skills are essential for this role
- Experience within a consulting and technology environment is desirable
- Generate engaging content personally, after briefings from SMEs
- Ensure win themes are articulated in such a way that draws out the distinctive features of the proposal in a way that can be evaluated
- Maintain editorial and style control over proposals ('one voice') including creation of bid-specific style guidelines consistent with PA's style guidelines
- Develop your understanding of the business needs and what we deliver to clients
- Support storyboard sessions with bid / proposal team members, to turn ideas into prose
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant
- Coach and train sales and solution / SME teams in writing best practice
- Communicate and influence at a senior level
- Excellent time management / prioritisation skills with multiple tasks
- Forensic attention to detail and meticulous proof-reading skills
- Ability to be an effective team worker in a dispersed working environment
- Preparation of and support to pitch materials and rehearsals, including manage relationships with PA Design Studio
- Strong academic background (degree level) or equivalent is desirable
- Creative Writing Qualification. APMP Foundation (Practitioner or Professional level desirable).
- MS Word and Powerpoint expertise
Inclusion & Diversity
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on [email protected]