In this key role, you will lead the group tax reporting process (with the Tax Director) and oversee UK corporate tax compliance for a high performing international business. With commercial dealings in dozens of countries worldwide, the organisation is a world leader in its field. Providing solutions to multinational customers all over the world, this business employs more than 25,000 people.
With a mixed focus, you will report directly to the Tax Director with full responsibility for UK tax matters. In addition to leading with quarter and year end group tax reporting, you will support on global tax compliance matters. Furthermore, you will on occasion support with a wide range of tax advisory projects including; withholding tax, M&A and entity restructuring.
Duties will include:
- Manage all aspects of UK Corporate Tax, including the oversight of UK tax corporate tax computations
- Manage Group Tax Reporting including the year end and interim tax reporting process, including updating Group ETR forecast and cash tax sensitivity analysis;
- Prepare year end current and deferred tax consolidation schedules for the Group and UK entities including the tax disclosures included in the consolidated and entity accounts;
- Actively review and monitoring of UK tax risks and controls, ensuring UK technical memorandums are maintained;
- Support with CFC compliance, capex, withholding taxes, double tax relief claims & RDEC, with the aim of improving the quality and speed of process;
- Lead the day to day relationship with HMRC and point of contact for our Customer Compliance Manager;
- Management of tax advisory projects i.e. streamline UK/UK inter-company balances and UK legal entity rationalisation;
- Assist with both UK indirect and employment tax queries;
- Ensuring policies and procedures associated with UK taxation are relevant and up to date;
- Building relationships and delivering tax advice to the UK business operations;
- Responsibility for ensuring employment tax obligations are met by Finance and HR teams, such as the PSA, P11D's and share option reporting, and
- Participate in special projects.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Proven UK tax background
- Strong awareness of tax accounting
- Exposure to international tax projects
- Big 4 training preferred
- Commercial experience preferred but not essential
- Able to discuss tax technical matter in plain language.
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Budget to travel if you want to
- Competitive holiday entitlement.
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners:
T: 07539 354605