We're looking for a passionate Art Development Manager to join us working on a dark, story-driven next generation 'Narrative Adventure' with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Partner with the core team to understand the overall game vision & requirements.
- Define and plan the project scope of specific deliverables (e.g. level art, VFX, character art, etc ) creating the production schedule and developing strategies.
- Taking part in backlog creation and refinement, Sprint and Milestone planning
- Running daily stand ups
- Regularly meet with your team to allocate tasks, discuss progress and setbacks, communicate milestones, prioritise deliverables, present updates, address concerns, give direction, gather feedback, etc.
- Track, monitor, and analyse the production schedule; rescoping & adjusting your strategies when need be.
- Organize the approvals and debugging of deliverables + keep team leads up to date on progress and issues.
- Reporting progress to the team, studio management, and external partners
- Work with the Production team to ensure quality targets are maintained alongside timescales and budget
- Develop excellent relationships with Publishers and other external partners
- Developing a positive and energetic team culture
- Facilitating the development of the game, identifying and removing obstacles from the teams' path
- Be solutions-driven, reliable and honest
Additional Or Desired Skills
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of project management practices (Agile, Prince2 etc).
- Working knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Shotgun, Perforce etc).
- Ability to balance shifting short-term priorities and long-term goals;
- A highly collaborative, attentive, empathetic, and solution-oriented spirit;
- Excellent time management, organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility;
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organisation
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Confluence for documentation
- Experience of Jira and Shotgun useful but not essential
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.