About The Department
The Digital department is responsible for leading IAG Loyalty's digital transformation, technology strategy, corporate ventures, product direction and implementation. We are a small dynamic team that value great communication and team focus with a strategic outlook on the future impacts of technology. We recognise the joint opportunities brought to us by working with the start-up and technology ecosystem to build great products together, providing our customers with better experiences and creating value.About The Role
Avios is fast becoming a Platform as a Service business. As a result, we are looking to build a team of Site Reliability Engineers that can monitor, automate and manage incidents for a variety of digital products.
The candidate will have experience working in an SRE team, operating cloud native services for customers and partners. They will have a proven track record of delivering operational excellence, and continual improvements to service and stability using automation wherever it gives an advantage to the platform. They will be used to working in a continuous delivery environment where high rates of technology change are the norm. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic campaigner for reliability within our product teams.Key Responsibilities
Key Capabilities, Skills And Experience
- Monitoring, analysing and understanding what is happening within our services. Measuring services through SLIs and SLOs is vital to our success.
- Incident management and RCA for our services.
- Providing 24x7 incident management support for our critical products.
- Developing CI / CD pipelines for improvements within the platform.
- Automating existing playbooks, new developments and continuous service improvements.
- Reviewing the platforms to look for reliability and efficiency improvements.
- Engaging product teams as they develop new products with a focus on building supportable products and systems.
- Developing Disaster Recovery tests and frameworks for chaos testing
What we can offer you
- Enthusiasm for site reliability engineering including knowledge of SLIs/SLOs, how they impact and benefit services, and proven ability to work with DevOps teams to assess, implement and improve them.
- Desire to drive automation as a solution to manual processes and be capable of explaining the benefits.
- Expert use of monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Datadog.
- Deep experience with AWS - all major technologies within AWS, focused on ECS, Cloudwatch, AWS CodeDeploy and Lambda.
- Good knowledge of container software, Docker and ECS.
- Working experience with Atlassian software, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with CI/CD such as Bitbucket / git and Bitbucket pipelines.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Terraform.
- Demonstrable experience with coding or scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash).
- Excellent communication skills, able to present convincingly to groups.
- Linux and networking knowledge to support deployments and applications.
About IAG Loyalty
- Annual Bonus (dependant on Company & Individual Performance)
- Company Pension
- Private Health Care
- Travel Insurance
- Exciting global travel industry discounts including flights with hotels, rail, cruises & tour operators also available through travel providers
- After a 6 months' qualifying period, you will be eligible to unlimited standby and premium standby fares for you and your nominees on the full BA network and numerous other partner airlines
- Discounts on BA flights and holidays from day one for you, your friends and family
- Life Assurance
- Cycle scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus 2 days charity leave
- New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios
IAG Loyalty is a trading name of Avios Group (AGL) Ltd, an operating company of International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG).
Inclusion and diversity are integral to the success of IAG Loyalty. We continuously encourage an organisational culture where colleagues with varying perspectives, life experiences and backgrounds can work together to achieve their and the organisation's potential.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.