What are we looking for in a QA Test Engineer?
You will be an experienced QA Test Engineer, who has taken ownership of test for a wirelessly-connected electronic system.
Ideally, you will have defined a suitable test strategy and tests cases that ensure a system complies with its requirements and user needs. You will have taken ownership of system and sub-system testing, ensuring that all tests successfully completed. Performing manual tests where appropriate you ensured that all test evidence was recorded. You will be familiar with processes for identification, recording and assessing anomalies found during test. You will have supported other stakeholders in the re-creation and assessment of such anomalies, then defined and driven re-test activities following their resolution.
Your activities as a QA Test Engineer may have been as a test lead, a member of a larger test team or as the sole engineer on a project. You will have taken ownership for all activities and responsibilities associated with your role. You will be experienced in interacting with other stakeholders who are associated with development, test, and release of products and systems.
As our embedded systems support a health technology platform that is used by thousands of medical professionals and their patients globally, you should possess experience of manual and automated test processes (ideally within a regulated environment), possess strong analytical skills, clear communication, and work effectively as part of a remotely-located design and development team.What does a QA Test Engineer at Current Health do?
You will play a key role in the definition, implementation and design of test solutions for our existing embedded devices, and overall system. You will be involved in all stages of the design and delivery process for new embedded systems devices and embedded software.
You will work with other test engineers to define, develop and refine test systems that ensure all of our planned embedded systems, planned hardware developments, integration projects, cloud platform software and user-facing applications shall comply with their functional and quality objectives. You will define and develop repeatable, scalable and resource-efficient test solutions and processes that ensure our products meet their functional, quality, and regulatory objectives. You will assess and define test needs, strategies and processes to ensure appropriate test and integration of third-party products, aligned to our product roadmap.
You will work closely with other members of our, remotely-located, Test Team, Hardware Team, Software Team and Product Team, as appropriate to each project's needs. You will take ownership for the effective and timely delivery of solutions, whilst supporting other team-members, as appropriate.Requirements
- A minimum of three years test system experience of embedded systems devices, hardware devices and system solution, preferably within a regulated product environment.
- The ability to assess and explain test principles and processes applicable to embedded systems devices and their use within wider systems solutions.
- Experience in the test of wireless communications (ideally BLE and/or WiFi).
- Experience in the test of battery-powered devices.
- Clear communications and inter-personal skills, as part of a wider development and product support team.
Good to have
- Experience in the test of devices and systems using IoT technologies.
- Competent in the use of test equipment, such as oscilloscopes and debug tools.
- Experience of experience of test automation tools, associated processes and implementation.
- Experience of agile frameworks and tools such as Agile (Scrum) and JIRA.
- Experience of product development and test within a regulated product environment.
- Experience of cybersecurity needs, creation of an appropriate test system or process. Familiarity with development and control of embedded software using a version control process and system such as Git.
- Spec your own environment
- Salary Exchange Pension scheme (5% employee, 3% employer contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- 2 x Life Assurance cover
- Critical Illness cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- £10 pcm flex pot to use toward benefits in our Benni benefits portal
- On call allowance (Only payable if and for so long as you provide on call services)
- Flexible, autonomous working environment
- Bike to work scheme
- Give as you earn through payroll
- Monthly snack box