How should our application architecture change and what supporting infrastructure do I need as we migrate to the Cloud?How do we maintain conceptual integrity of our product design as it rapidly evolves?How can we quickly deliver the robust legacy system interfaces needed by our Agile development teams?What do I need to do to integrate data science models into our production business processes and unlock the value of our data?
These are the types of questions that you'll be asked by our clients, your colleagues and yourself at BJSS. As one of our Architects, you will use your broad technical knowledge, full lifecycle project experience and excellent communication skills to bridge the gap between client and internal delivery managers, enterprise architects, operations teams, UX consultants and developers.
You will have the overall technical responsibility for the delivery of your solutions and you will be experienced in defining and delivering solutions to meet wide ranging stakeholder requirements and stringent non-functional requirements. You'll be comfortable evaluating a new Open Source technology in a rapid technical spike, presenting to a CIO on a package selection, or working with a technical tester and a support desk engineer to debug a time-critical P1 issue.
As a technical authority, you lead by example and inspire delivery teams to create great software products that demonstrate the art of the possible. You mentor developers to ensure they see the wider picture and meet our exacting standards, while acknowledging the deep experience they bring from spending hours a day working on a codebase.
You have energy and a pragmatic, delivery-focused attitude that wins the respect of those around you and makes you a trusted technical advisor. You're willing to be hands-on when you need to be. You balance innovation and intellectual rigour with realism. You love technology and want to keep on learning. You're genuinely interested in understanding the challenges your users face and how you can help them.
BJSS has developed some of the most demanding systems around using the latest technologies and techniques - from the messaging hub that integrates the whole of the NHS, to an application that uses a leading-edge AWS technology stack to underpin a great UX visualising the flightpaths of every plane in the world - as well as analysing huge quantities of data to improve fuel efficiency, reducing costs and environmental impact. Our architects have always been at the centre of our engagements, managing technical risk and creating real business value.If this sounds like you and you want to be part of an exciting, fast growing business, we'd love to hear from you.About Us
We're an innovative tech consultancy - a team of problem solvers. Since 1993 we've been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world's leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
We bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for our people.
Our clients tell us that our people are the best they've worked with - not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude. Some of the Perks
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working - you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives - we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance - you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more...
- We partner with Lifeworks to offer wellbeing support to our employees
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Giving back - the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discounts - we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme