Role - Senior Software EngineerLocation - Victoria, London (flexible working)Reporting to - Tech LeadTeam - Technology
Who we are
Weezy is the UK's leading on-demand supermarket. Our mission is to deliver life-essentials, creating ever more happy and spontaneous moments at home. We're doing this by delivering groceries, including fresh fruit and veg, cupboard staples, pharmacy, alcohol, personal care and cleaning products in under 15 minutes. Behind the scenes, we're building a network of fulfilment centres across London, the UK and beyond, each staffed with Weezy customer delivery reps who pick, pack and deliver our customers' orders.About The Role
You'll be one of the early engineers at Weezy, so will get a lot of opportunity and ownership from day 1. We are looking to build a great engineering team, following best practices and principles, working well together and learning lots along the way. We will be forming our teams in the tribes and squads formation that has been successful for many other companies, and looking on iterating and improving our engineering teams, whilst building amazing products which our customers will love.
What You'll Do
- You'll help improve and scale Weezy from where it is now to being a best-in-class service for millions of customers who'll be loving using the service every day.
- You'll work with the team to build new product features, focusing on the backend. For example, you might implement the backend of a new inventory management system to empower our ops team.
- You'll improve the performance and reliability of our backend and infrastructure, like our databases and the system that synchronizes product quantities.
- You'll always have the customer at front of mind, be a customer or a team member using an internal tool
What We're Looking For
- Thoughtful problem-solving For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Ability to scale You have experience scaling production software to support rapid growth, or you're motivated and excited to learn.
- Commercially minded You care about business impact and prioritise accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff-you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Put customers first You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact-good and bad, and you love delivering the perfect experience to our customers
- Open to new technologies To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. Strong opinion, loosely held, and open to new ideas
- Empathetic communication You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Driven to you are driven and passionate to make a difference!
- You have experience working in a hyper growth startup
- You're proficient with one of these and open to learning others - Go or PHP
- You're passionate about food delivery and convenience
- Competitive compensation package, including stock options
- 25 days' holiday plus all bank holidays
- 3% pension plan employer contribution
- Healthy L&D budget so you can buy books and attend conferences (both virtual and in person once the pandemic ends)
- Socials that keep you in touch with everyone in the company
Please note that unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship, and to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Weezy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.