DescriptionAbout the Team
The International circulation team at Marketforce is responsible for planning and executing the retail development strategy across all of Future's B2C magazine and bookazine print brands in the USA, Australia, and key export markets. The bookazine team also manages the UK retail, in addition to export markets. This involves the management of the issue planning, print order and allocations process and building retail development plans by title to grow Future's newstrade revenues. We ensure that our brands are best represented at retail and that our objectives support the achievement of newstrade sales revenue and efficiency targets. The International team also provides the link between Future's newstrade performance internationally and the wider business, through performance measurement versus target and sector, and is responsible for providing newstrade KPI updates to senior management and brand content teams across the business.Job Purpose
Reporting to the Head of Future International & Bookazines, the role plays a vital part in managing the bookazine issue set up, supply and print order process. Working closely with the Marketforce Operations and Retail National Accounts teams to ensure clear communication of promotional plans, target supply levels, and issue planning and scheduling. Working to agreed production deadlines, the role is also responsible for ensuring that final supply levels are in line with target expectations and that Future's Studio production system is updated and maintained in line with confirmed supply order levels. Retail development is key through ensuring that titles selected for promotional slots are regularly reviewed in order to ensure title selections are profitable. With a keen eye for commercial opportunity, the role is expected to use sales performance reports and data systems to identify trends and opportunities that will support title strategy and retailer development and provide recommendations to the wider newstrade and bookazine content team.
The job requires strong attention to detail, effective commercial skills, the ability to prioritise and organise effectively, and the ability to work to Marketforce, production, and retailer deadlines.Key Responsibilities
RequirementsWhat do I need to succeed?
- Ensure newstrade supply figures in the Studio system are maintained and input accurately, in line with Production deadlines.
- Review final supply figures against targets and agree changes with the Head of International and Bookazines.
- Orion issue and scheduling updates.
- Accurate maintenance of Orion bar code, cover price and on sale date information.
- Liaise with the Marketforce Retail team to manage promotional space for bookazine titles, and maintain retailer promotion trackers.
- Manage the input of SPS promotions and ADEF set up and oversee the allocations process of UK supplies.
- Communication of issue on sale dates to Bookazine content team.
- Ensure Bookazine Flash reports are maintained accurately in Google.
- Creation and communication of the monthly target supply grid.
- On-going review of retailer performance to ensure continued profitability, particularly for fixed space deals and slot management.
- Provide informative and clear updates as part of the weekly bookazine meeting.
- Review topline supply, sales, revenue levels by month to ensure overall budget targets are met, and to provide recommendations for any scheduling changes required.
- Review Series performance and build effective range review proposals and expansion plans.
- Produce sales marketing proposals where appropriate that support retail development.
- Provide feedback and support across the wider International circulation team.
BenefitsWhat will I get in return?
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
- A keen eye for detail and process management.
- The ability to use performance and reporting systems to maintain a clear view on title, sector and retailer trends.
- The ability to translate sales data into clear actions and recommendations.
- The ability to construct persuasive and creative sales marketing information that can positively influence key decision makers at retail.
- A working knowledge of the magazine supply chain in the UK and key export markets.
- The ability to work across teams and coordinate activity across relevant departments.
- Numerate and analytical.
- To be able to manage own deadlines, as well as working as part of a wider team.
- Excellent communication skills
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
We are FutureConnectors. Creators. Experience Makers
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people's lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women's lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us...
But a stellar heritage isn't enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we're exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for - our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don't have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.Let's do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.