DescriptionJob Title: Head of Corporate CommunicationsDepartment/Group: Brand MarketingLine Manager: Brand Marketing DirectorLocation: LondonContract Type: PermanentTravel Required: OccasionalWho We Are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we've taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It's not an easy task - it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that's as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It's a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.What You'll Be Doing
As the Head of Corporate Communications working within the Brand team, this is a newly created role to focus on the development of MADE's overall corporate communications strategy and reputation as we become a publicly traded company.This is your day
RequirementsWhat you'll need
- You will lead the overall development and implementation of our communications strategy including corporate communications, reputation management and internal communication - supported by our external Corporate Communications agency.
- You're a natural collaborator with the ability to partner with and engage a diverse set of stakeholders from finance to legal, marketing and customer service whether that's junior colleagues, MADE's C-suite/Board or influential stakeholders.
- Partnering with finance, legal and investor relations you will lead the communications for any financial announcements and annual reports, often instigating how we talk about new and nascent corporate policies such as sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and flexible working.
- Collaborating with HR and relevant team leaders you will develop and oversee internal and employee communications. We believe our culture is a differentiator and this role is pivotal to ensuring its continual development.
- Working with the brand marketing leadership you will coordinate and align various internal and external company communications, with ability to review and guide consumer PR activities where relevant. Key to this role is to work further ahead on major initiatives, such as strategic updates (e.g. sustainability), product launches or major events, to develop overall positioning as well as building the media campaign.
- You'll serve as spokesperson and communications coach to senior management, and when relevant lead our conferences and summits, and align all the messages and content to the company goals and culture.
- You seek to maximise the quality, reach and influence of press coverage by developing strong media relationships, identifying opportunities and developing a pipeline of ongoing company storytelling, always positioning MADE as a thought-leader and innovator in the industry
- This role is responsible for monitoring and managing the brand's reputation globally, as well as any crisis management, with our Corporate Communications agency. Refining processes to respond to relevant direct media requests, split between corporate and consumer, will help you succeed in the role.
- Success in this role is proactively monitoring key debates or topics and identifying the story opportunities as well as potential issues.
- You'll refresh the measurement and reporting framework for our different communications channels so we can continually improve our approach. Sharing best practice, case studies and regular coverage reports will be helpful to motivate and inspire stakeholders.
BenefitsWhat we offer
- Extensive leadership and management experience within corporate communications, with proven success in developing overall communications strategy and securing top tier media coverage.
- Creativity: you're full of ideas, not precious about any, but can make them happen.
- Customer-centric mindset: you understand how a consumer might react and how to influence them or get them talking about MADE.
- Proactive: self-motivated and solutions-driven with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Leadership: you're a strong manager who can get the most out of your team and remove uncertainty to allow them to perform at their best. Experience in managing corporate communications teams preferably across lifestyle, fashion or design categories.
- Resilience: communications is continual and fast-moving, so it's crucial you find ways to reflect on you and your team's pace as well as strategies to manage your own energy. It's a marathon not a sprint
- Strategic: communications strategy experience, either agency or marketing side with ability to link activities to overall brand and company objectives.
- Storyteller: Excellent communication, presentation and storytelling skills. Strong verbal and written English is required. Fluency in French, German and any other language is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of the media landscape in regards to retail, lifestyle brands, technology and e-commerce.
- Established relationships with key media, influencers, and industry leaders.
- Ability to provide responsive reporting to business.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of London! MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone's voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We're proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra holiday day for every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we're open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it's important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.