Experian® Decision Analytics (DA) integrates predictive data and analytics into valuable business decisions that provide greater insight into decision performance and helps companies keep pace with changing business priorities. By applying expert consulting, analytical tools, software and systems to convert data into valuable business decisions.
Our expertise spans a variety of industries and we provide software to some of the world's largest finance, telcos and other blue-chip companies. The crown jewel in our software suite is PowerCurve which provides best-in-class decisioning applied across the whole customer life cycle from customer acquisition to in-life and collections, as well as in fraud detection and identity resolution systems. PowerCurve can execute on hosted as well as cloud platforms.
Decision Analytics has laid the foundations to move from a collection of individual products towards a consolidated cloud-based platform delivering industry leading capabilities across data, analytics and decisioning, embedding latest technologies such as Big Data and ML/AI. We have good momentum and our core product has trebled in revenues over the last 3 years and are amid moving it to a global SaaS product.Job Description
The GDA Finance team support the Decision Analytics business.The Role
- P&L responsibility driving transparency and accountability for results for a part of the Global DA business while driving the transformation agenda of the business unit.
- Member of the business leadership team, advising on both strategy and financial matters.
- Delivers financial accountability and commercial insights to business leaders and has a key impact on business decisions & performance.
- Managing budgets and targets that they are responsible for alongside their respective MDs and their SLT.
- Ensuring the business is set up to deliver on its strategic plan and growth aspirations.
- Early identification of gaps and mitigating actions and pipeline of growth.
- Work closely with the other Finance Business Partners and wider Finance teams that support DA regionally to deliver against results initiatives.
- Member of GDA Finance Management team, responsible for contributing to wider GDA Finance priorities and initiatives.
- Partnering with the business leaders to help them understand their revenue and cost drivers and pro-actively drive and implement business optimisation and efficiencies, providing insight into product revenue and product margins.
- Drive the team's transformation agenda through continual optimisation of processes, advise the leadership team on focus areas, strategy and approach as well as monitor the progress of the team's current transformation program
- Support business partnering activities by ensuring the appropriate level of Commercial Support is provided to the business across a number of marketing, customer retention, product and billing initiatives and improvement plans.
- Identify risk and opportunities and work with the business to deliver cost saving initiatives and to ensure that available funds are directed towards the hardest hitting optimisation initiatives.
- Promote best practice, and continue with business process improvements and re-engineering to drive efficiency and add value to the business.
- Key financial processes including month end close, monthly forecasting, annual budgeting, financial control and governance. Responsibility for ensuring month end is performed accurately and effectively in line with divisional policies
- Ensure MI processes are efficient and meet stakeholders' needs and changing environment
- Co-ordinate and manage the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process and to ensure key deliverables are met with input from a variety of senior stakeholders (including the senior leadership team and their direct reports).
- Understanding the global finance strategy and ensuring their respective segments are aligned to this strategy
- Delivering support, influence and challenge to the business unit leader on all aspects of business performance. In practice, areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to: input and challenge of sales bids, responsibility for the business unit budget and forecasts, longer term financial planning, strategy formation, investment case preparation and review, operating efficiency plans, investment decisions, assessment of M&A targets
- Managing the team's internal investments; advising on the optimal allocation of resources and capital budget, monitoring the performance of current and historic investments into technology and processes as well as providing financial insight into the team's strategic direction
- Champion a culture that achieves the business goals, delights customers and keeps consumer advocacy at the heart of everything that Experian does.
- Ensure that good client / consumer outcomes are at the centre of decision making.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements within area of responsibility and escalate issues quickly.
- Software/SaaS or Tech industry experience essential
- ACA or CIMA qualified, or equivalent
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Experience in collaborating in a matrix environment across multiple regions on a global level required
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbal
- Experience of influencing senior leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to form and leverage relationships
- Confidence to challenge commercial decisions
- Excellent Microsoft Excel / PowerPoint / Word skills
- Proactive approach to change and an enthusiasm to get involved
- Attention to detail
- Deliver information quickly, whilst being able to work with ambiguity and manage competing priorities
- Driven and ambitious
What Do We OfferAdditional Information
- Excel modelling experience
- Use of Hyperion, Smartview and Salesforce
- Experience in a FTSE 250 company-environment preferred
- Experience of transformation projects and/or relevant training or qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Fantastic learning and career development opportunities in a fast-growth and truly dynamic FTSE Top-100 business.
- Exposure to advanced technology and superb training; Experian has been listed in the worlds Top-100 Most Innovative Companies for 5 years running!
- Extensive benefits including bonus, share options scheme, generous pension and life assurance, 25 days holiday with 8-day buy/sell as well as a huge array of wider benefits and services.
- A positive, collegial, supportive and family focussed culture with well-being at it's core and focus on flexibility and work-life balance.
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.