Senior Mechanical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a creative and driven Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a leading MEP Consultancy based in Bristol. You will be responsible for meeting with Clients, producing reports, specifications and drawings and delivering successful projects from inception to completion.
Why Work For Us?
You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed, and profitability is achieved. The role is instrumental in helping to continue to grow and develop a team of technically competent engineers within this high performing sector, as well as seeking new opportunities to develop the business.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- Designing mechanical engineering systems at the highest level using the latest software design packages
- You will have the opportunity to lead mechanical services design on large projects, and take overall lead on small to medium sized projects within the office,
- Projects span a cross section of sectors including Education, Science and Research, Healthcare, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, Defence and high-end mixed-use developments.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Take responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and we get the best out of our people.
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
- Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the local industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
What We Are Looking For
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills with both internal and external clients, and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
• Discounted BUPA health assessments
• Flexible working - We're happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
• Study Assistance
• Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
• Cycle to work scheme
• Travel & dental insurance
• Employee retail discounts
• Sabbatical Leave
• Gym discounts
• GAYE - Give as you Earn
• Gourmet society tasting cards
• Employee Referral Scheme
How to Apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal Opportunities Statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.