We are looking for a Junior Full Stack Web Engineer to join our Spotlight team, creating and driving development on our suite of applications designed to enhance the dealership experience for our automotive customers.
Key responsibilities will include developing, designing and managing these innovative web applications. The position offers the opportunity to work within a small team of highly skilled, motivated and passionate professionals working on high level projects with clients such as Audi, Lucid and Volkswagen. To find out more about Spotlight, please visit our website https //zerolight.com/spotlightRequirements
- Developing, deploying and maintaining a modern cross-platform web application in a production environment.
- Utilizing a wide range of web technologies, including Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, GitLab, Linux server administration, Docker, MongoDB, Redis, REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Building continuous integration and deployment tools and pipelines.
- Experience working with agile software development, defining user-stories and assessing risk.
- Degree educated in relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of dev-ops, back-end and front-end software development.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team to overcome challenges and maximise business potential.
- Our studio 'Live Works' was recently named 'Best Office in the North East' with state-of-the-art facilities including a fully fitted kitchen area and high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Access to our multi award winning mental health and wellbeing program ZLWell, which amongst other things, gives free counselling services to all employees and their immediate families. ZLWell has recently won Wellbeing Award of the Year (Federation of Small Businesses) and Workplace Wellbeing Award of the Year (North East Employee Awards).
- Monthly volunteer group with regular activities around the local area.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings organised by our ZLSocial group.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official ZeroLight Events including Friends & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.