WiseEnergy is a trusted and established solar asset manager, offering all the services clients require to manage and optimise large-scale solar plants, from development and construction through to long-term operational asset management. Since its founding in 2008, WiseEnergy has provided expert asset management services to over 1,500 solar plants (500+ ground mounted assets and 1,000+ rooftops), with an installed capacity of more than 2GW.
We have over EUR4billion of assets under management across four continents, overseen by our team of over 120 professionals, with specialisms in technical, finance, commercial operations and project management. Our workplace is fast paced and international. We nurture a culture that balances hard work, diligence and professionalism with support, consideration and respect for the individual. Our employees are primarily based in London, Milan, Hyderabad and on the east coast of the USA. We also have some personnel in Portugal, Spain and Greece. Our people come from a variety of academic backgrounds and are united by the desire to use their knowledge and skills to advance the renewables industry and thus make a positive contribution to the world. WiseEnergy is part of the NEC Group.
We are seeking a strong client manager for a mid-level position to serve our European clients - this includes third parties as well as NextEnergy Capital assets. Excellent business English is essential, however and/ or Spanish speaker is highly desirable. You will be required to travel as needed from a home base of either UK, Italy, Spain or Portugal.
It's an exciting and challenging role for someone with deep and broad knowledge of the solar industry in Europe who understands and can consistently implement to a very high standard both the 'soft' and 'hard' aspects of the role.
Key components of success include:
• Developing and displaying a deep knowledge of the WiseEnergy's asset management service offering (including our digital suite) to help identify further opportunities to expand our service and fees with existing and new clients.
• Identifying client requests for work that is outside of scope and ensuring that those requests are funneled through appropriate internal processes before being agreed to or actioned
• Ensuring that deliverables are met according to agreed scope of works, timescales and quality standards.
• Successfully operating as a 'first line of management' escalation point as required, skillfully, and diplomatically leading key colleagues through the communication and remediation processes and seeing any issues through to successful conclusion.
• Effective partnering with our clients' management and operating teams (including Portfolio Managers) to nurture successful working relationships - responsible for skillfully and sensitively obtaining feedback from time to time on the performance of Wise's delivery teams and leveraging this to facilitate ongoing service improvement.
• Identifying and implementing (as required) and managing partnerships with external parties It is the responsibility of the Client Manager to know what makes our asset management clients value our service and to have deep understanding of their priorities, processes, KPIs and pain points!
The challenge, (and the raison d'etre for this role) is to be able to translate that to the reality of the operating environment in a way that is fair and reasonable for WiseEnergy, and in line with our agreements.
The Client Manager will also be expected to:
• Conduct, lead and moderate regular client meetings and interactions with other delivery stakeholders (in-house and external), capture and manage daily tasks and ensure delivery per SLA.
• Review and offer amendments to ensure the quality of periodic delivery reports, synthesise summaries/highlights, capture and follow up on issue resolution.
• Work with the Global Head of Client Management and Business Development and delivery teams to anticipate clients' evolving needs and appreciate the value of other additional WiseEnergy services.
• Ensure clients are getting the benefits of all the resources WiseEnergy provides (our AMP client portal, technical dashboard,)
• Work closely with Global Head of client management and Business Development and wider delivery teams to seek out new initiatives and provide ideas, feedback and recommendations to better serve our clients.
• Provide regular inputs to global delivery teams on enhancements and new services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid understanding and experience of the photovoltaic industry and associated technical skill set • Ideally, some knowledge of remote monitoring systems, SCADA, asset management software and an understanding of how various functional roles work together to make them successful (e.g. development, project management, testing, product management, etc.)
• Proven relationship-building skills and a good network of contacts with solar power investors, developers and service and technology providers
• Demonstrable experience working with international teams
• Impressive verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills
• Detail-oriented and analytical approach to work, with razor sharp commercial acumen
• The ability to manage multiple clients/projects simultaneously (superb prioritisation skills)
• Fluent, advanced business level English (essential), Italian language skills. Spanish or Portuguese would also be advantageous.
You will be a self-starter, who is looking for their next big challenge in an ambitious company where you be able to showcase the full range of the skills and attributes you have already developed, but we'll also need you to be adaptable, optimisitic and success driven. Even though you are focused and driven, you genuinely care about the people you work with and you enjoy the buzz of good camaraderie!
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive base salary and eligibility for discretionary annual bonus
• Flexible working practices
• Private Medical Insurance for employee and their dependents after a qualifying period.
• Progressive, collaborative culture where professional development is valued and nurtured
• Opportunity to work with and learn from other talented professionals who want to have a positive impact on the world
The total package will be subject to some variation depending on where the successful candidate is based.