High Level Description
The Business Analyst (BA) role is responsible for the gathering, analysis and synthesis of information from the organization through interaction with stakeholders, customers and other professionals. This role must be skilled at eliciting requirements from all interactions and facilitate the completion of solutions that solve the business requirements in line with the corporate strategy and goals.
The Business Analyst team are looking to recruit experienced Business Analysts to join a new team based in Newry. You will be part of a team that currently has a presence in London. You will be part of a dynamic team working through EMIR Transaction Reporting anomalies, solving complex problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
- You should be dynamic and nimble, a self-starter with experience working in an agile environment as well as leverage your excellent development, communication and organizational skills.
- The role will require working with various stakeholders globally, split across various ranks, divisions and asset classes.
- You will be required to take regulatory and business requirements and translate these into functional technical requirements
- You will write user stories, liaising with developers, product owners and other business analysts across the team.
Required Skill Set
· Ability to think creatively and objectively, make decisions, learn and keep up to date in a fast paced ever changing environment; and
· Problem solving - ability to look into the detail but also look holistically; and
· Systems thinking - ability to build an understanding of complex system design; and
· Ethical, trustworthy, diligent, organised, prioritises and effective time management; and
· Understanding of business principles and best practices; and
· Understanding of transaction reporting regulation specifically EMIR 2.0 and industry best practices (FIA and ISDA); and
· Understanding of finance principles specifically in ETD and OTC derivatives across various asset classes; and
· Good oral and written communication and;
· Ability to communicate complex problems to gain understanding and consensus.
· Experience of writing user stories containing clearly articulated needs, features and acceptance tests.
· Ability to collaborate, build strong relationships with stakeholders; and
· Leadership and Influence of management, stakeholders and team; and
· Facilitation of meetings, workshops and other events; and
· Manage meetings and requirement / design sessions effectively; and
· Presenting solutions and issues through formal presentations; and
· Negotiation of solutions and agreements; and
· Promoting Teamwork and ability to work with team members to a common goal.
· Strong Excel, PowerPoint and SQL, XML, UNIX experience desirable but not essential.
The skills described above are desirable but not essential. The level of development will depend on the business analyst role, experience and specialisation.
What will you get in return?
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.