Solution Architect is required for a high-profile role giving the successful applicant the chance to lead the solution architecture for some of the world's largest online brands and retailers and be an integral part of our talented and expanding Solution Architecture team. You will be responsible for creating and assuring solution architecture using a wide range of technologies, from SaaS eCommerce platforms through to client-specific cloud solutions. You'll develop relationships with key client-side stakeholders in charge of IT and digital strategy and architecture, and you'll work closely with our internal delivery teams to ensure your architecture vision is realised.You...
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!We need you to be really great at:
If you know any of this even better
- Own the solution architecture, document it, and communicate that architecture to a wide range of audiences
- Seek out and develop relationships with key client stakeholders responsible for digital and architecture strategy
- Understand the capabilities of a wide range of technologies typically found within an eCommerce landscape, including enterprise eCommerce platforms and components, and apply this knowledge to your solutions
- Understand the capabilities of public cloud platforms and be an advocate of cloud-native solutions
- Design quality solutions, often large scale and transactional in nature, for global enterprise clients
- Orchestrate and run design workshops, and translate business strategy and requirements into solution architecture
- Ensure your architecture vision is realised by our teams, across all phases of programme delivery
- Understand common problems, design patterns and considerations for a distributed eCommerce architecture and apply this knowledge to your solutions
- Create and maintain key solution architecture models and assets
- Make and justify key architectural decisions considering all relevant constraints
- Understand the level at which solution architecture applies, and help transition your solutions to application and cloud architects and technical leads
- Follow the principles and guidance set out by the Solution Architecture team
- Contribute to the initiatives of our Solution Architecture team, including developing common patterns for new technologies and developing PoCs against industry trends
- Be client and delivery focussed, able to adapt a solution to meet additional requirements and constraints and apply pragmatism when required
- Have excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Have demonstrable experience with all of the above
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Ideally familiar with GCP & Apigee
is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.How?
By creating inspirational and shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.Tell me more!
We're an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce sites and experiences in the world.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.