Founded in 2016 with only a handful of individuals, Quantexa was founded on the vision that through a greater understanding of context, better decisions can be made. 5 years, 8 locations and 300+ employees later we still believe that today. Working within industries such as Finance, Insurance, Energy and Government, we connect the dots within our Customers data using dynamic entity resolution and advanced network analytics to create context, empowering businesses to see the bigger picture and drive real value from their data.
Our success is driven by the talent of our staff and our commitment to quality. We are looking for Data Engineering Accelerator with a proven track record in big data projects to join the Quantexa family.What does a Data Engineering Accelerators role at Quantexa look like?
You'll be joining a team of technical experts who will develop, test and document a variety of data engineering tools and best practice materials that will be used across Quantexa software deployments globally.
The team is continuously working on new and innovative ways to help improve our data engineering function, building methodologies and tooling to improve both the quality and efficiency of project delivery. As part of the role, you will help define big data best practice across the business, with the end goal of helping our Tier 1 clients solve business problems in the areas of lead generation, customer insight, fraud and financial crime.
Stakeholder engagement is an essential part of this role and you'll be working with our delivery teams, clients and partners to provide them with high quality solutions, deploying to both cloud and on-premise environments. You will be given the autonomy to see your tasks through the entire development life cycle, from requirements gathering all the way to software release, taking ownership of building new functionality that the entire business will be using.Things You May Work On Include
RequirementsWhat do I need to have?
- Big data processing/ETL pipelines
- Cleansing, parsing and standardising global datasets
- Data classification
- Entity extraction/resolution
- Pre-packaged code for processing and utilising third party data sources
- Efficiency/performance improvements through big data testing
BenefitsWhy join Quantexa?
- We're looking for individuals who have proven big data experience, either from a software deployment/implementation or a data science perspective
- Expert knowledge of at least one big data technology such as Spark, Hadoop or Elasticsearch
- A strong coding background in either Java, Python or Scala
- The desire to learn and code in Spark/Scala
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of building data processing pipelines for use in production batch systems, including either traditional ETL pipelines and/or analytics pipelines
- Experience in manipulating data through cleansing, parsing, standardising etc, especially in relation to improving data quality/integrity
- Passion and drive to grow within one of the UK's fastest growing scale-ups
We know that just having an excellent glass door rating isn't enough so brand-new WeWork office and put together a competitive package as a way of saying thank you for all your hard work and dedication.We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus
- Private Healthcare, Life Insurance, and Income Protection
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- Pension Scheme with a company contribution of 6% (if you contribute 3%)
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days) + birthday off!
- Amazing work environment