Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Cyber Fusion Centre (CFC). As Sky continue to evolve its business models to keep them efficient and effective in the face of increased IT and digital threats, the CFC is an Intelligence Hub, and future-proofed not just responsible for traditional "detection" and "response" of security incidents but will monitor, react and detect - that will inform decision making at every level of the business.
What you'll do:
- Analysing and investigating security incidents and phishing alerts as first responders.
- Ensure timely accurate tailored remediation and countermeasure communications to internal users and teams regarding intrusions and compromises to on-boarded host and network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Keep up to date with the latest security, vulnerability and technology developments.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of security incidents response documentation.
- Monitor and analyse advanced threat events, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), User Behaviour and Analytics (UBA) and Endpoint Detection Response (EDR) toolsets and event logs to identify security indicator of compromise, attacks and threats for remediation and / or suppression.
- Responsible for Computer Security Incident Response activities; work with various lines of security analysts (internal and external) to identify various malicious threats in the Sky Group enterprise environment.
What you'll bring:
- +4 years' experience in security operations, security analytics or security engineering roles
- +2 years' experience in Investigative or Incident Response environments
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Networking and IT Security.
- Excellent knowledge of common operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux and Unix)
- Good oral and written communication in English.
- Excellent knowledge of different threat scenarios and their incident response and remediation techniques
Strategy & Security: We play an important role in creating a cohesive tech strategy across all of our teams - uniting our tech teams to work towards clear and common goals. Behind the scenes, we're protecting our business and our customers from cyber threats. Join a team that's kickstarting and leading mission-critical work across Sky.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.