Company DescriptionWho are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.Job Description
Experian's Targeting business are looking for a Lead Architect within our Development group. This is a great opportunity for someone to take a key role, and help to shape Targeting technology future.
Within this role you'll be helping to lead Targeting's future architectural and technology direction as part of a fast-paced change program working closely with Architects and Senior leaders from throughout the business. The target of which is to deliver the best architectural framework for Targeting's future growth aligned to the Experian global technology strategy. In this role you will need to work with stakeholders from across the Targeting and wider Experian business, building strong networks and communicate the Targeting requirements to the central teams and Global strategy within Targeting.
As an Architect you'll be responsible for ensuring the creation of reliable, secure and performant platforms and applications. This will include creating a culture of continual improvement from a technology perspective leading to greater stability, smaller risk profile and cost-effective cloud-based platforms and applications. On a day-to-day base you will work closely with the Development teams and technical leads to ensure that development work and architectural direction are in sync and mutually supporting.
Day to day accountabilities
- Leads the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers.
- Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation.
- Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Within a business change programme, manages the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
- Ensures all Architecture documents for projects that are assigned are reviewed and approved to the appropriate standard
- Ensures all Architectures for involved projects are consistent in driving improvements in implementation / performance and maintainability
- Awareness of ITIL, PGmP, architecture framework (in a previous organisation), PCI Compliance, FCA Regulations and SDLC
- Strong, technical and non-technical communication skills, written & oral, internal / external, formal & informal
- Strong at building relationships within department and across division
- Coaching skills within the team
- Familiar with development languages & platforms e.g. .NET, Java, , SQL, Hadoop, HDFS, Windows, Linux, the Cloud
- Proficient at frameworks & design patterns, e.g. ESB, MVC, etc.
- Proficient with web architectures, APIs, cloud infrastructure, SaaS, PaaS, DaaS, etc. and DBMS architectures, as required
- Proficient at architecture tools & utilities, e.g. CaseWise, MS Visio, PowerPoint and the architecture of Experian products/ applications
- Strong knowledge on architectural styles, e.g. SOA
Why choose us?
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
At Experian we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. We care about work that works, whether that's about where you work or adjusting your hours to fit better with your life. Our flexible working practices, including our hybrid working model where employees can split their working time between the office and their home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. So that you can love where you work please discuss what works for you with your recruiter during the hiring process.Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
To learn more about our culture and what it's really like to work here, check out our interactive guide here: https://view.pagetiger.com/experianguideforcandidates/1