UserTesting was founded in 2007, and is backed by world class VCs: Accel, Greenspring, Insight Partners, and OpenView. In 2020, we crossed $100M in revenue, and are accelerating our international growth from our San Francisco headquarters. UserTesting is now present in 12 countries, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, Singapore, and Oslo. Today, more than 2,000 organizations in 45 countries use the UserTestingⓇ Human Insight Platform to make more informed, customer-first decisions at scale.
Choosing to join our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming the way companies learn about their customers and build better products and experiences. Using our powerful software combined with the industry's largest and most diverse panel of test participants, our customers can quickly target their audience and receive think-aloud video feedback from real people sharing their thoughts to your questions. UserTesting's industry-leading platform enables companies to get rapid feedback on all types of customer interactions and experiences: websites, mobile apps, prototypes, campaigns, real world experiences, and more! A recent Forrester study found the ROI of using UserTesting to be 655%!
We're proud that this is our fourth year of being honored as an Inc. Best Workplace and a Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area, along with having received a variety of additional workplace and corporate growth awards. We've made a commitment to build and develop a diverse workforce that reflects the labor markets in which we operate. We actively look to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital/family status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin, in addition to bringing a variety of backgrounds, interests and opinions. At the end of 2020, our global team was 43% women and 36% minority; in the U.S., our underrepresented minority population was 16%. In the last year, we've had more than a third of our employees take on new roles within UT. We do everything we can to make UserTesting a place where you feel you belong and are empowered to do the best work of your career.
UserTesting was founded in 2007, and is backed by world class VCs: Accel, Greenspring, Insight Partners, and OpenView. In 2020, we crossed $100M in revenue, and are accelerating our international growth from our San Francisco headquarters. UserTesting is now present in 12 countries, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, Singapore, and Oslo. Today, more than 2,000 organisations in 45 countries use the UserTestingⓇ Human Insight Platform to make more informed, customer-first decisions at scale.About The Role
What makes the difference between a product that's engaging, compelling, and easy to use and one that's frustrating, broken, and complicated? The answer is user experience. Here at UserTesting, our mission is to help our customers create great experiences. We enable every organization to deliver the best customer experience powered by human insight.
UserTesting will continuously invest in your education with a reserved and generous budget and the tools necessary to do the job the right way. We also provide unlimited paid time off.About The Team
UX Writers at UserTesting design with words as part of collaborative product teams of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Marketers, Data Scientists, and Engineers.
The 4 person UX Writing team is small but mighty. Over the last year we established the UX Writing practice and we want to level up!The Opportunity
Help us improve product usability and adoption through consistent, conversational UX writing.
The Product Development Team is looking for a UX Writing Lead that can help develop user experiences tailored to the audiences we serve. We are looking for a Lead who is collaborative, comfortable driving strategic decisions across teams, and can effectively prioritize their work. Half of the role is focused on supporting product teams, and the other half will be focused on evolving the UserTesting Style Guide and mentoring junior writers.
This role is based in Scotland, and Canada East Coast and Toronto. In this role, you will:
What We're Looking For
- Write the words our users see when they interact with the UserTesting web or mobile products, whether that be an error message or a complex user flow.
- Develop content frameworks and stories that explain your recommendations and educate partners on the practice of UX writing.
- Collaborate with other UX Writers and Content Strategists to evolve and maintain the UserTesting Style Guide and help evangelize the Style Guide across the company.
- Advocate for designs and language that internationalize well, and work with our internationalization team to improve processes.
- Share your work with other UX writers and cross-disciplinary partners, and contribute to team growth through mentorship and feedback.
- Advise on how to evolve the UX writing practice at UserTesting.
Why You'll Love Working For UserTesting
- 7+ years UX writing or content strategy experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Knowledge of capabilities of web and mobile apps
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners
- Proven ability to assess, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Experience creating and maintaining style guides
- Experience writing content to be translated or localized
- Experience mentoring junior writers
- Passion for helping UserTesting customers incorporate feedback into their work processes
- A portfolio of UX Writing samples
- Bonus points: Writing for SaaS products
We're honored to be named a 2020 Inc. Best Workplace, and named to Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 List, among a variety of other awards. Joining UserTesting means being part of a passionate team focused on transforming the way companies learn about their users.
Founded in 2007 and backed by Accel and OpenView, User Testing is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Atlanta and Edinburgh.
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we're also growing the team quickly - join us!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable. Unfortunately, we are not currently hiring in the state of Colorado.