One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company's showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn't be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We're building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale-because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.About the Role
Develop, manage, and empower product development teams, staffed by 25 engineers, creating a productive, thriving, fast-paced + high-quality delivery, engineering culture.The Role
Here's what you'll do:
- Improve delivery capabilities by implementing a consistent method of continuous improvement across delivery teams, and every quarter identify the 3 top improvement opportunities and implement one.
- Set ambitious goals for your team. Keep them engaged and improving themselves quarter over quarter.
- Reduce degradation or interruption of service, maintaining our planned external SLA of 99.9%.
- Honour our defect fix internal SLA through all your teams.
- Improve our ability to retain high performing engineers through co-creating plans with HR / Talent and using performance management to do so.
- A respected mentor and guide to your Team Leads.
- Keep motivated teams that feel proud of achieving the goals.
- Produce and execute exit plans for those individuals who don't fit our teams or fail to deliver consistently.
- Actively participate in the hiring process, ensuring that only the best talent join our teams.
- Deliver a revised architectural roadmap within your owned services that unlocks future product value, addresses mid-term scale risks, and improves our security within 3 months.
- Contribute to the engineering department by doing meaningful process improvement proposals and ensuring the implementation plans are deployed and followed through your colony.
- Lead key engineering department initiatives outside your colony.
- Improve our visibility of key platform issues, by driving consistent methods of measuring our top 3 issues across all services (logging, performance, uptime) within 6 months.
- Deploy engineering best practices through the SDLC to ensure engineering output is top quality and your services technical debt is kept to a minimum.
Here's what we're after:
- A strong understanding and track record of how to drive a thriving Engineering culture, with a track record of managing teams of 25+ engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to keep LT connected and engaged with Engineering priorities and challenges.
- Able to drive sustainable growth of the Engineering organization, finding, retaining and developing top talent.
- Experience managing engineering teams across multiple geographies, and with agencies/outsourced teams.
- Ability to balance bottom-up contributions to architectural improvement with the practical needs of a rapidly scaling business.
- Experience building a justifiable resourcing plan based on product and architecture roadmaps.
- Practical experience with tools to drive accountability and predictability for the business in roadmaps.
- Experience partnering with Product Management to break down large, complex projects into multiple teams with rapid iterative milestones and clear outcomes, to produce predictable product and engineering roadmaps.
- Experience implementing evaluation criteria and career planning for engineers and managers which address a healthy mix of technical & leadership skills.
- Ensure the correct software development process is in place and followed according to industry best practice and the needs of our organization.
- Data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Cloud-native experience is a must. You have developed products directly for the cloud.
Bonus round (not compulsory, but you'll hit the high score):
Think you're a good fit? Hit apply-success might be just around the corner
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.