Backend Engineer (Python) x1 - Remote/London - £100k
Coders Connect are partnering with an exciting Startup mission is to transform a Recycling industry that is completely broken today. Nations across the world continue to fail to meet their recycling targets; of all plastics ever produced, only 9% has been recycled. The rest ends up polluting our environment and accelerating the climate crisis that threatens our existence. Ultimately we are driven by our desire to eliminate all greenhouse gas emissions associated with the unnecessary production of new virgin materials (approx 8% of humans' annual greenhouse gas emissions)
They've recently closed one of Europe's largest ever ClimateTech seed rounds from some of the most renowned investors in this space and are rapidly expanding the team. The initial team has deep unicorn start-up and scaling experience. It already includes one of Revolut's earliest employees, Onfido co-founder and engineering talent from the likes of Ocado, Skyscanner, Amazon etcAbout the role:
- You will be responsible for developing the software required for our initial computer vision based products that are solving some of the most challenging problems faced by the industry today.
- You will be integrating all of the CV / ML components and developing high-quality software for the ML pipeline
- You are a self starter and thrive in ambiguous environments
- Comp Sci (or similar) background
- Excellent OOP and software design skills
- Good understanding of data structures
- Production Python experience
- Automated testing experience
- Agile development experience
- CI/CD experience, e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, GoCD
- Experience with service oriented architecture / microservices
- Familiarity with interface protocols e.g. HTTPS, GRPC, Protobuf
Backend Engineer (Python) x2 - Remote/London - £70k
- Generous equity with life-changing upside
- 29 days annual leave (+ national holidays)
- Flexible working (between lab/office and remote working)
- The best hardware and software for you to do your job effectively
- £500 for optimising your home office set up
- Regular team socials and meals
- Access to Cycle to Work government scheme and EV salary sacrifice scheme (if UK resident)
Coders Connect are partnering with an early-stage startup that are on a mission to teach users how to practice shorter form meditation, multiple times throughout the day. Their mindfulness app leverages state-of-the-art artificial intelligence and machine learning to gain a deep understanding of its users and provide tailored practices to accommodate specific need-states in a variety of contexts.The Role:
- As the founding member of the backend team, you will be responsible for the architectural and functional development of the company's mobile app's backend systems
- This will be a Greenfield opportunity with some guidance available from our prototype backend
- You will be required to work closely with mobile engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions
- This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
- Experience building server-side applications and knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack
- Sound knowledge of Python
- Experience with microservices and implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience engineering scalable and reliable solutions
- Experience hosting and maintaining an application on the AWS platform
Backend Engineer (Python) x3 - Remote/London - £90k
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
We are looking for back end engineers to join the initial engineering team and help seed the technical strategy, architecture, culture and ways of working. The engineering team will be responsible for building the core platform that connects supply to demand, manages allocation and completion of work, and ensures that work is delivered reliably and to a high quality. We are looking for someone who loves to build elegantly simple products while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and attention to detail. If you are excited by the opportunity to bring creative use of technology to disrupt an industry, then we want to hear from you!You're the right person if
What You'll Do
- You are genuinely passionate about developing products that will positively impact millions of people.
- You love working in teams and collaboratively building features that impact customers.
- You are motivated by owning products, from inception to continuous improvement.
- You believe strongly in test-driven development and continuous delivery.
- You love building scalable, resilient solutions.
- You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge
What You'll Need
- As an early hire, you will be instrumental in
- Designing and architecting the various systems.
- Owning the products and their life cycles.
- Defining the engineering culture across the organisation.
Fullstack Software Engineer (Python) x4 - Remote/London - £90k
- Expertise in one or more of Nodejs and Python.
- Experience and passion for working across the stack.
- Experience with developing complex software systems at scale with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms and technologies.
- Experience in SOA or microservice architecture design.
- Driven and focused self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through-you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- Bonus points if you have built a product from ideation to public release.
Satis.AI is an early-stage food tech company that uses deep learning-based computer vision, causal inference, and cognitive AI to change how we feed the people around the world. We are starting by providing software services to existing restaurant chains which use the live camera feed to provide augmentation for staff tasks with the aim to help decision making, reduce error and cognitive load needed. This position us as the full stack AI operating system for autonomous kitchens. We are surfing on the opportunity created by the food delivery disruption to bring real technological innovation into kitchens and enhance both people's experiences as well as staff and environmental impact.
Our mission is to feed the world through our global food system which is more productive, resilient, more affordable, more sustainable, and healthier. A food system that provides accessible nutrition for everyone while preserving our planet. Satis.AI team includes people with extensive experience in the creation and deployment of scalable deep tech solutions as well as industry experts who share a passion for food, happiness and our world. That is where you come in.The Role:
- A big part in technical ownership of an early-stage company. You will be taking on a high impact role with the ability to shape our future direction in a nascent market that is wide open for the taking.
- You will participate in building a world-class product as well as the technical team responsible for developing an intelligent solution that how people around the world are fed
- You are in creating the underlying AI platforms that are used for storing data, annotating data, training models and run inference at scale for thousands of video streams and provide real-time actionable insights to help monitor and capture resources at scale.
- You will develop solutions and integration with hardware to assist our clients and stakeholders
- You will be an early member of a team with management potential and core to decision make across the company
- Working in an Agile cross-functional team of a Product Manager, Product Designer and Developers (We use a blend of processes that work for us inc. XP, Scrum, Kanban and Pair Programming)
- Be involved in the end to end cycle of building our product
- Champion quality code while being pragmatic
- Experienced in using one or more of the programming languages: Python (mainly), C++, Node, Clojure or any other JVM based languages.
- Beneficial: Interest/knowledge of AI libraries such as TensorFlow or other deep learning libraries (Pytorch, Keras)
- Demonstrable experience or interest in working within growing startups.
- Want to work in a product-focused team that thinks about customers and user behaviour and builds great experiences
- Familiarity with events driven architecture, distributed systems, serverless architecture and async processing
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCP
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, container schedulers like Kubernetes
- Continuous Delivery