The Senior Power Supply Design Engineer will be joining a successful technology company based in London.
The Senior Power Supply Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of low to mid-Power SMPS's.Duties and key responsibilities of the Senior Power Supply Design Engineer include:
The successful candidate will have knowledge of:
- Specify, design, simulate, verify, test, and productise board-level, low voltage, high-current, dc-dc power solutions for digital, analogue and noise-sensitive mixed-signal and RF applications. Able to take the lead with other key stakeholders in your area of expertise.
- Development of overall products including Power Factor Correction and DC-DC converters.
- Plan project work to deliver required outputs with input from the Team Leader whilst organising own work and work of engineers.
- Use all relevant instruments to make measurements to assess design performance, analyse and simulate key parameters to verify the performance of systems.
- Create models with SPICE, Excel, Maths tools for calculations using standard components, generating reports on work carried out, and implement change through the company documentation system.
What's on offer:
- Flyback, Forward, half-bridge, LLC, converters, and standard resonant converters.
- Knowledge of higher-order resonant converters.
- Ability to analyse and design associated control loops and analyse complex magnetic circuits.
- Understanding of winding loss mechanisms and design custom cores where appropriate.
- Highly experienced in the design of mid to low-voltage (48V down to 0.7V), high current, point of load power supply designs (switch-mode, buck, synchronous, SAC and high PSRR linear regulation).
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus scheme.
- Contributory pension.
- Life insurance at 4x salary.
- 25 days holiday (plus recognised public holidays) and holiday purchase scheme.
- Flexible working.
If you are a Senior Power Supply Design Engineer and would like more information, then please get in touch.