Who we are
Since 2001 thinkmoney has been helping customers stay on top of their finances. We've changed a fair bit since then, and we're growing and developing new things faster than ever. But one thing hasn't changed, our commitment to looking after our customers.
For ten consecutive years we've held a four star Fairbanking mark to recognise that we help customers manage money well. The brilliant service our customers receive has also earned us a 4 star rating on Trustpilot.
In December 2019 we won out latest award for Best Use of IT in Retail Banking at the 20th Banking Tech Awards, highlighting our innovation and digital transformation skills. For more information, please visit our LinkedIn page.
Our digital teams are constantly developing new app features based on real customer feedback, and our customer service teams are here to support customers who need that human touch.
We have a casual dress code and a relaxed and informal office environment, with an inclusive culture that recognises diversity.Personal Qualities and Cultural Fit
We work fast and to a high standard. The only way to constantly deliver in a time of great change is to ensure collaboration between people and departments.
We look for people who are intellectually curious as to what is possible, mixed with the pragmatism to understand the operating environment and constraints, be they time, budget or capabilities.
thinkmoney continues to be successful, so a growth mindset where you build technology solutions that work now, but that have future growth and business needs taken into account is essential. All delivered at a price point that ensures the maximum value for any expenditure.Role Purpose
As a UI Designer, you will be part of an industry award-winning, forward thinking, cross functional technology team. This is an individual contributor role, as part of a UX team of individual contributors.Who Should Apply?
· Anyone who wants to work in a Manchester based fintech, a digital bank that wins awards for its technology platforms and customer service.
· Someone who is motivated to change the lives of thousands of customers across the country daily, by making it easier to manage and control their finances, who are otherwise underserved by the banking sector
· Anyone interested in the opportunity to have a massive impact on one of the most ambitious and exciting company's in the UK, by leading the team and introducing progressive design thinking
· A person excited by our journey, as we continue transforming rapidly into a digital company, with this role pivotal to continue providing a first-class digital experience to our customers
· Someone who wants a high level of personal responsibility, a critical thinker and not afraid to challenge the norm
· Someone who is customer focused ,diverse and inclusive.
· A person that is comfortable having a high level of visibility to the most senior people in our business, with an ability to influence decisionsRole and Responsibilities
· Respond to design briefs and always look for opportunities to improve user journeys
· Fully understand our customers and what problems they have,
· Enhancing and developing our design system to be used across both app and web
· Utilise data and customer insight to inform and validate design solutions.
· Creating designs and prototypes using Figma with different speeds and fidelity
· Facilitating workshops alongside product owners and other business leads.
· Design for marketing campaigns, specific product journeys and other brand projects
· Communicate project updates to key stakeholders
· Continue to develop your own skills in relation to the tools of the trade, industry development/trends and digital platforms
· Collaborating closely with the product team to define and agree on delivery roadmapSpecific UI Focus Areas of Work
· Interface Design
- Delivering exceptional interface designs (low-fi and high-fi), you will have an extensive knowledge of responsive design including layout, typography and grid systems
· Holistic User Experience
- Someone who thinks about the end-to-end customer experience, whether it be e-mail comms, web/app, or our customer service teams. This also includes a comprehensive knowledge of the ideation and creation of UI design deliverables including user flows, wireframes, options for A/B tests and defining measures of success
· Prototyping -
You need to be a person that builds fast, and gets prototypes built, with prompt feedback from customers and internal stakeholders
· User Testing
- You will be validating various concepts and ideas with internal stakeholders and our users, quickly and efficiently, to build confidence before investing more into a solution.
· Using data and insights -
Being data driven is a key aspect of how we plan and execute our work; you'll be comfortable with interpreting and working with quant data, as well as interpreting and using quant data.. What We Are Looking For
· Proven experience working as a UI designer or Product Designer role (in-house or agency)
· Proven experience of working in an agile environment, alongside UX designers, product owners, business analysts, developers and QA's
- An evident understanding of UX principles and methodologies, UI best practices and design thinking
- Hands-on experience of working with data from user research, both qual and quant
· Experience of working with constraints, including but not limited to accessibility and technology
Good to have
- Experience with or working knowledge of Design Systems and brand guidelines.
- Proven experience of collaborating on designs patterns and working iteratively
- Proficiency in Figma, or any familiarity with design tools (i.e. Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Abstract)
- Wide range of prototyping techniques at various speeds and level of fidelity
- Experience in incorporating Mobile First and Responsive Web Design approach
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present your ideas and results to key stakeholders via face-to-face meetings and presentations
- Strong organisation skills and ability to manage your own time
· A basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is beneficial but not essential
· Previous use of A/B testing platforms is also an advantage
We will expect to see a portfolio that demonstrates your thought processes and passion for design.Benefits Package
23 days' holiday rising to 28 days with service
An extra day's leave for your birthday
A paid charity day for you to work somewhere as part of our CSR commitments
On-site gym with free personal training
Personal lockers and showers
On-site restaurant with Costa Coffee
Free tea, coffee and fresh fruit
Annual eye test
Employee assistance program