Job Role: Application/Enterprise Architect
Job Type: Permanent Role
Job Location: Glasgow UK (Remote Till Pandemic)
· Evidence of strong process, technical and team leadership skills, with a passion for delivering leading edge designs and inspiring a culture of technical excellence and innovative solution design.
· Experience of navigating the complex landscapes of technologies, 3rd party suppliers (driving the procurement process), internal and cross-government (or similarly complex) teams.
· Management & delivery of complex service solutions within time, cost and quality targets, ensuring solutions are robust, resilient, and appropriately implemented, tested and documented
· Work in digital technologies and approaches including cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS/cloud native), common front and back end technologies, software defined infrastructure, continuous delivery and DevOps. AWS cloud experience preferable
· Design hybrid solution and migration path for on-prem / cloud services
· Experience of owning and contributing to the technical roadmap and strategy
· Experience in anticipating and advising on future technology changes that present opportunities for the application or service
· Ability to communicate clearly in a language which meets the needs of different users/stakeholders through selecting the appropriate channels & formats and managing expectations whilst adapting to stakeholder's reactions with flexibility.
· Identifying process improvements and defining best practice, inspiring teams to follow it
· Understanding of Lean, Agile and DevOps principles
· Needs to possess an expert depth and breadth of knowledge regarding multiple technologies and their inter-relationships, e.g.: Web applications, Java & Oracle
· Extensive experience working in Java, microservice architecture, containerisation, enterprise integration patterns, data storage in a highly available, distributed products
· Cloud native delivery skills following open standards in - Containers As a Service/PaaS/IaaS, AWS CDK, Fargate, Secrete manager, Lambda, ECS, EKS, S3, MongoDB Atlassian, Serverless Functions and data insight solutions.
· Experience in designing systems for integration and re-use, using frameworks/standards, technologies and design patterns such as API Gateways, Message Brokers and token based security
· Designing solution and leading digital delivery teams to using Agile and DevOps methodologies to ensure automation and delivery pipelines flowing from development, testing, infrastructure as code to automated deployment
· A demonstrable record of designing solutions to key non-functional requirements including cyber/security policies, resilience, logging, errors and scalability
· Working knowledge of database concepts, Oracle, MongoDB & DynamoDB
· Enterprise Architecture knowledge