Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We're growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn't be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who bend over backward to put customers first. Individuals who thrive on challenge and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings unique value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
- Anaplan are looking for motivated SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS working in autonomous Scrum teams with an emphasis on collaboration, innovation and honesty, we're serious about attracting the best...we have hugely complex technical problems to solve, and offer unrestricted progression, a relaxed working environment, superb packages and much more.
We look for exceptional Engineers, regardless of your language(s) of choice - smart, passionate people who believe in simplicity, agility and performance and can choose and use the best tools for the job. In this role as a Senior Engineer, the additional ability to support, enable and mentor your team is also highly desirable.What You'll Be Doing
More About You
- Be part of a well-balanced, cross functional team, delivering exceptional software.
- Actively practice continuous integration and deployment and proactively contribute improvements to the way these are done
- Write tests at every level of the testing pyramid to ensure the quality of your work is good to go to production every time we build
- Be capable of working within an agile development process and are self-driven enough to thrive in an environment that promotes high levels of autonomy.
- Be driven by the customer, everything you do is to solve a problem for our users or to enable us to solve problems for users more effectively/sustainably.
- Apply your expertise across the full stack as necessary. We recognise specialisms but appreciate open minded people who will step out of their comfort zone to complete their work and expand their skill set.
- Liaise with the product owner to set expectations and define acceptance criteria
- Work on an exciting product vision which will change the way in which the world's largest enterprises do their planning
- Good attention to detail - you will create applications which solve significant problems for our users, this drives you more so than anything
What We Offer
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to craft well architected and easy to reason about applications regardless of the "tier".
- Solid toolkit of design patterns and ability to choose the right ones to apply to each problem.
- Familiarity with full stack architectural patterns such as micro-frontends, Backend for front end etc.
- Expertise writing scalable backend micro-services, bonus points if you know the JVM (Java and Kotlin mostly using Spring Boot).
- Any experience using deployment tools/technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, chef or puppet is advantageous
- Writing well thought out tests at the appropriate level, you know when it is appropriate to use TDD/BDD. Quality is extremely important and we expect it to be for our engineers too.
- The ability to coach and collaborate - you enjoy working closely with others, pairing and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work.
- Positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a really big deal for us...we're looking for really smart people who love solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
- A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!COVID-19
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.