We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our team.
As Assistant Accountant you will work very closely with the General Finance Manager and gain exposure to all areas of Finance. The role is very varied and will need a person who is enthusiastic and can use their own initiative when approaching tasks. You will take ownership and be responsible for certain processes so attention to detail is key.
This position will involve the following duties but will not be limited to;
• Reconciliation of financial ledgers; bank, sales finance, VAT, debtor, creditor.
• Updating daily sales information and track vendor performance.
• Ownership of the fixed asset register and depreciation postings and reconciliation.
• Preparation of VAT returns - UK and Netherlands.
• Assistance with month end duties, annual budgets and Audit.
To be successful you will need to have at least 3 years' experience in a similar role and be part-qualified or qualified by experience. Advanced excel skills are essential to be able to manage the responsibilities required for the role.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated to learn new skills, have an inquisitive disposition and keen to continually improve processes. A study support package is available if desired.
Following the successful completion of the probationary period this role will qualify for hybrid working, whereby 3 days will be worked in the office and 2 days can be worked from home.
Fantastic benefits and competitive package available.