We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
As a Front-end Developer at MPB with a strong interest in progressive web technologies, you will be using React to build features for our customer facing website and internal back-office software, consuming native python APIs, in a service-oriented architecture within a containerised environment. We follow innersource principles for code ownership and contribution.
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company's mission with a clear vision of what our product should be. We take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team.
This role is based in our friendly head office in Ship Street, Brighton, with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals. We currently operate a hybrid working pattern to support days in the office alongside days working remotely.Responsibilities
- Contribute to existing features by fixing bugs and adapting to new requirements
- Contribute to our atomic React component libraries
- Collaborate with UX designers to ensure user experience is maintained to a high level of quality
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers and Test Automation Engineers to ensure integrations with APIs are correct and complete
- Proficient in HTML and CSS (preferably SCSS and/or CSS-in-JS)
- A good eye for design and user experience
- Experience with working with APIs
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum team
- Comfortable with working outside of your main discipline in order to collaborate across your Scrum team
At MPB we support our staff and their careers in every way we can.
We provide 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 4% employer contributory pension scheme, private healthcare from your start date and flexible hybrid working options.
You will also have access to our EAP, a range of employee discounts, a buzzing social calendar and a dog friendly workplace.
- Note on working practices during the Coronavirus outbreak
At the time of writing, all office based staff are on a rota system, combining optional time in our covid-secure office with working from home.