UKFast is currently looking for a Product Manager to help define and deliver our cloud platform product vision for the future. Reporting to the CTO, you will play a major role in delivering our exciting and highly competitive eCloud platform.
eCloud is the UK's largest, high-performance, privately-owned cloud computing platform, built on enterprise grade technology from global partners including VMware, Cisco & HPE. Rivalling public cloud platforms, eCloud is highly flexible and defence-level secure. Our bespoke solutions minimise the need for customers to rearchitect, streamlining their migration and enabling certainty of success.
Our eCloud product is responsible for a very significant chunk of UKFast's revenue - in many ways it is the business's most important product. Our strategy will see this platform continue to grow with multiple important feature launches planned this year, including the enablement of a true hybrid cloud product set. You and your team will be responsible for this incredibly exciting part of our journey as a business.
As leader of the eCloud product team, you will develop, manage and deliver an exciting and challenging roadmap that will continue to push the technical boundaries of what's possible on a cloud platform for our customers. You will own the eCloud P&L and be responsible for the full set of important 'calls' that we make around developing and marketing the eCloud product set.
Engagement with our customers and understanding the market will be crucial to the success of this role. We are building a platform that will help support and grow our customers' digital needs for the future and planning out and executing a highly competitive offering is key to this success.
You will be joining a team of experienced, highly-driven and friendly colleagues at a time of exponential growth for our organisation. Like us, you should be highly motivated, ambitious and results-driven and looking for an exciting new career and personal journey.
Success in this role will be a genuinely career-defining experience. Your role will be at the heart of the most exciting tech transformation happening in the North West right now. In 5 years' time you should look back at this role as one of the most exciting, impactful, and personally rewarding periods of your professional life.What you will bring
What you will do
- At least 8 years' proven delivery of 'big wins' in a product leadership role within fast-paced agile environments
- 2 years + experience working within a cloud product team, cloud service provider, or MSP
- Experience delivering a commercially viable cloud hosting platform as a product, VMWare based would be an advantage.
- The ability to work with our vendors and partners to enhance our product offering.
- A technical understanding of cloud platform architecture.
- An ability to thoughtfully define and drive a product roadmap with help and input from your team and others within the business
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to engage with internal teams and customers
- Experience building business cases to enable smart decisions based on solid revenue plans and cost estimates
- A good understanding of working in an agile environment and how software development cycles work
- A passion for helping customers and the ability to drive innovation through the products we deliver
- Use data and structured customer and market engagement to ensure we are building products that excite our customers, and that customers want to consume
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the market, our competitors, and all relevant evolving technologies
- Create a clear compelling long-term vision for the eCloud platform, break that vision down into achievable milestones, and get everyone excited about that vision
- Work with our commercial and account managers to build business cases that ensure the commercial success of our products
- Work with our internal partner team to engage with and leverage supplier relationships
- Communicate our product roadmap to the wider business and deliver updates regularly
- Help with unblocking resources across the team to ensure successful delivery of features
- Drive growth of the product through internal OKRs and KPIs, reporting back to the CTO and wider Leadership Team
- Engage with your peers across the product teams to both learn and assist others
- Make it a fun and rewarding experience for your teams to work with you every day
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- Private health insurance after one years' service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
- Flexible working and work from home
- Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
- Pearson Vue test centre on-site
- On-site gym
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
- Free onsite parking
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Team building experiences
- Weekly virtual quiz nights and team parties
- Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
- Active and engaged diversity groups with events and educational sessions arranged regularly