Do you want a rubbish job?
At Recycleye, we're on a mission to build the recycling industry of the 21st century. One of the world's biggest challenges is waste- how do you sort it, store it, and reuse it? Recyleye's proprietary waste - sorting technology solves this issue for waste handlers and accelerates the world's transition to a circular economy.
We're looking for a Workshop Assistant to join us as a key hire on our journey to developing the recycling infrastructure of the future. You'll have the opportunity to play an integral role in building a world-changing product while developing your own skills and qualifications.About Recycleye
Currently, the sorting of waste materials is done by manual workers. This is expensive, slow, and inaccurate. It's estimated that the average materials recovery facility spends 60% of their operating costs on these manual workers. To date, AI and robotics have not been advanced enough to reduce this cost and make recycling cheaper, more efficient, and more widespread.
At Recycleye we've taken this into our own hands and decided to create the future. Recycle's groundbreaking computer vision technology allows the automatic sorting of waste while our robotic picker system sorts it accordingly. Combined, they replicate the capabilities of the human brain, eye, and arm. We predict our technology will save the average materials recovery facility over $4 million.
Our technology stands to change the way recycling is done and we have received significant traction. We have a technology development partnership with Microsoft, are members of the world-leading Plug and Play accelerator, and have received grants/funding from the UK government and a number of high-profile VC funds.The Role
Recycleye has to develop hardware to help the company scale and deliver better product to its clients. For this the Hardware Team is looking for an assistant with a mix of skills to help us assemble our products as well as sort through samples of waste from clients to help grow our database!Responsibilities
- Sort & Scan waste samples in specific categories to help us grow our database.
- Do "box-build"/assembly of some of our products following our step-by-step manual and feedback potential problems that you could spot.
- Perform ad-hoc fabrication and modifications of some of our standard products for specific use cases.
- Brainstorm ideas with the Hardware Team on how to make the client happier and help the whole company scale up
Good to have
- Experience in assembly of electro-mechanical products.
- Good understanding of recyclable materials and keen eye to spot the differences between them.
- Keen interest in solving the problems within the recycling industry.
- Experience with power tools and how to use them safely. Welding and metal fabrication experience a big plus.
- Be part of a small structure and get your voice heard.
- Unlimited holiday.
- Flexible working hours. (job listed as full-time but could also suit for part-time)
- Extensive upskilling opportunities.