Finance Applications Support Analyst - Greencore - Barlborough (S43 4XA)Why Greencore?:
You may not have heard of us, but we're sure you've tried our products. We're a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK's food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.What you'll be doing:Role Purpose:
We are looking to recruit a Finance Applications Support Technician to promote the availability, performance, security, effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation and maintenance of all of our Finance applications.
What we're looking for:Relevant Experience and Technical Skills
- Perform regular system monitoring to verifying the integrity and availability of appropriate software resources and processes for users
- Perform regular security and performance monitoring activity, implementing and responding to established alerts, to quickly identify possible intrusions and performance issues
- Participate, as needed, in incident resolution; including identification, diagnosis and root cause analysis ensuring rapid resolution and minimal impact on services and data integrity.
- Actively and openly communicate risks, operational problems and incidents accurately ascertaining business impact and escalating where appropriate.
- Respond to request for support in a timely fashion to meet overall service levels ensure the quality of customer service
- Follow appropriate controls over configuration and change, maintaining the appropriate level of documentation, to ensure adherence to common process and reference resources are created to describe application changes
- Identifying gaps in services and highlighting underlying performance, recommending solutions where known, to contribute to the improvement of services
- Experience in Implementing or Supporting Financial systems
- Ability to understand the key Finance Data Elements and Parameters used when transactions are posted to different Finance modules (Products, Vendor. Customer, PO, Customer Order, GRNI, Invoices)
- Able to understand financial data and analyse it
- iSeries technical skills
- Some basic server technical skills, including SQL Databases (SQL queries to analyse data)
- Strong interpersonal skills i.e. written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analytical and presentation skills
- Good business acumen
- Good understanding of Finance 'jargon'
- Ability to work well in a team environment i.e. IT Colleagues and Users, especially end users in Finance
- Good customer service skills
- Flexible and able to make good judgement, where applicable
- Able to influence and convince users even at Management level with new ideas and proposals to improve business procedures and IT Systems
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.