Automation Tester required to join our Lisbon office to work with our integrated client teams across multiple locations such as the UK and our offshore teams in Delhi.
The individual should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and have an eye for detail. We require a highly-motivated individual with well-developed interpersonal skills. You will be the automation tester in a team of testers working on a new client engagement. You will be involved in the identification, writing, debugging and execution of automated tests and where necessary manual tests. The programme covers both Front End automation and experience of testing API's using frameworks such as RestAssured.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!The techy bit
....we need you to be really great at
If you know some of this even better!
- Recent extensive experience of testing of revenue optimisation and online booking systems
- Knowledge and experience of working within an Agile environment
- Hands on experience of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) (using Cucumber & Gherkin)
- Great backend testing skills - conversant in databases (DB2, Oracle), SQL knowledge (use of DB Visualiser)
- Working UNIX knowledge
- Experience of using RestAssured or an equivalent framework to test APIs (RESTFul or SOAP)
- Identify data requirements and implement tests to achieve coverage
- Experience of working within an Agile scrum team
- Recommend, implement improvements to test automation framework
- Experience in testing automation within a continuous integration environment
- Collaborate in daily standups and work very closely with developers on the team
- Effective interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate with all stakeholders
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
- Airline domain experience
- Experience working with VMs and containers both on prem and cloud offerings like Amazon and google cloud Experience of using Jira.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Experience using git SCM tools, GitHub or Bitbucket or similar tools
- Strong expertise with context driven and exploratory testing with practical experience of using a number of testing heuristics
At Wunderman Thompson, we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world;our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
We are part of WPP, recognised as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™ Commerce Services, Q1 2021.
In our Lisbon office, you will join a team of other specialists who are always ready to help each other. The team is part of our Wunderman Thompson Commerce network and works in coordination with our Local and EMEA client leads.
We are proud of our multicultural environment and easy-going, yet dynamic atmosphere where we not only work together - we are great at having fun as well!
Please note that this job is a full-time position located in Lisbon, but the selection process will be conducted in English.
If this role is aligned with your skillset, or that of someone you know please get in touch.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.