UK Head of Compliance / MLRO
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. Crypto.com serves over 10 million customers today, providing them with a powerful alternative to traditional financial services through the Crypto.com App, the Crypto.com Visa Card, the Crypto.com Exchange and Crypto.com DeFi Wallet.
Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISMS), ISO/IEC 27701:2019 (PIMS), CCSS Level 3, PCI-DSS 3.2.1 Level 1 compliance, and achieve Tier 4, the highest maturity level, for both NIST Cybersecurity and Privacy Frameworks. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 2000+ strong team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced individual to lead the Compliance function for our UK entity. The role reports directly to the Group's Chief Compliance Officer and requires close cooperation with Compliance Program Managers and the operations team along with key cross functional stakeholders to support a top-of-class Compliance program. In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate ownership and conduct the compliance program of the Company;
- Serve as a liaison for government organisations in their domain;
- Deploy and maintain industry leading customer due diligence and compliance monitoring process, as well as all processes related to its prevention and handling;
- Develop and govern internal policies and procedures as per the existing and upcoming regulatory requirements;
- Stay up to date with any changes in their domain;
- Provide a full range of compliance, customer verification, anti-money laundering related support services including advice, guidance mentoring of staff together with robust monitoring and subsequent reporting to the executive team;
- Receive and handle reports from internal and external sources of knowledge or suspicion of money laundering or financial terrorism or that a person may have been, is or may relate to money laundering or financial terrorism;
- Have internal and external reporting knowledge;
- Be responding promptly to any request for information made by the respective competent authorities;
- Be interpreting laws, regulations and guidance notes applicable to anti- money laundering and counter-terrorism financing, ensuring that the Company's policies reflect the relevant regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Act as a key liaison with the governing bodies` nominated officer or related parties, sharing best practice and understanding and managing cross jurisdictional issues;
- Working with local regulators and keeping abreast of regulatory developments so that the Company ensures effective compliance and adapt quickly to change;
- Prepare and submit reports as necessary;
- Assess financial crime risks;
- Oversee regulatory visits and external compliance audits;
- Lead teams responsible for the respective Compliance areas and participate actively in their recruitment, training, onboarding and progress with the organization.
- Higher education, which is suitable for the compliance field of the Company. CAMS certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Proven management experience of minimum 5 years in Compliance, MLRO or Risk role, with minimum 3 years at a Senior level, is required.
- Profound knowledge of the applicable contemporary practices in the field of Compliance, including but not limited to understanding of regulatory matters regarding MiFID II, AML, GDPR, local and regional regulations. Sound knowledge of local and European banking legislation (including Banking Rules and CRDIV).
- Must have a reasonable understanding of the Company's business, its technical, financial and organizational structure.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and should have strong written and verbal communication skills. They must have the ability for effective task prioritization and ability for skillful organization and management of all processes part of the Company's activity.
- Strong communication skills, integrity, initiative, perseverance, organizational and leadership skills, strong ability to follow up, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Excellent command of English; excellent computer literacy.
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team