We are actively seeking a Lead Frontend Engineer with demonstrable Angular experience to join our awesome Canopy Development team. Our Canopy solution is a highly customisable SaaS product, which is utilised by brands across the globe to create, automate and simplify their marketing activities. You will get to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry and work with the latest architectural patterns and practices, development frameworks, cloud technologies (we use GCP) and delivery practices.
Your role will include both hands-on coding using the latest Angular versions as well as leading and guiding a small team of developers.
This is a genuinely unique opportunity to join TeamITG and contribute to the next generation of our world class SaaS solution, CanopyCloud.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Principal Engineers to architect the solutions that your team work on
- Work closely with DevOps to build a comprehensive set of CI/CD pipelines that allow the team to deliver features on a continual basis
- Implement measures to ensure work is delivered to a high level of quality and manage technical debt to ensure this is kept under control
- Hold regular 121 sessions with your team of frontend engineers to mentor and coach them through their career journey
- Matrix manage front end developers across all teams to ensure they operate using the same coding standards. Work with other Frontend Leads and Senior Frontend Engineering Managers to develop a learning path to evolve their technical skills.
- Develop and evolve coding standards within the team and wider department
Successful Lead Frontend Angular Engineers should possess a blend of strong technical skills in Angular as well as the ability to lead a small team of talented Frontend Engineers. Whilst management and leadership skills would be advantageous, we are also open to considering applications from individuals who are currently working in a Senior Engineering capacity and are looking for that next step up in their career.Requirements:
- Expert with HTML5, CSS3 and writing cross-browser compatible code
- Experience with CSS pre-compilers like Sass and LESS
- Experience with NodeJS, Grunt, NPM
- Extensive experience consuming RESTful APIs in your applications
- Highly proficient in TDD and E2E testing with a focus on building testable high-quality code
- Experience building mobile and responsive design applications
- Creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components
- Knowledge of W3C AA guidelines and how to build compliant UI's
- Knowledge of common application vulnerabilities and the strategies and techniques used to combat them
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving front-end app and assets
Benefits:Work's a treat
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect a whole load of perks:
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays- we understand the importance of you getting some down time.
- Annual Wellbeing Day - enjoy an additional day on us to look after your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Pension Scheme - helping you save towards your retirement home in the sun!
- Corporate Medical Cash Plan - claim back the cost of your medical treatments.
- Smart Working Options - spend up to 40% of your working week from home.
- So many savings- through our online community platform, you can access dozens of daily deals, from money off top brands to discounts on days out.
- Employee Assistance Programme- our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you're happy, we're happy.
- Cycle to Work Scheme - save on the cost of biking to work.
- Monthly Employee Awards - Employee of the Month programme with £250 bonus
- Raising money for charity including a paid Volunteer Day - we're all about giving back... and having lots of fun in the process!
- Referral scheme- know the perfect person to join the team? You could bag £1,000 for a putting a good word in.
- Wellbeing Programme - giving you the opportunity to join regular, interactive Wellbeing Workshops or join our 30 plus Wellbeing Champions.
- Enhanced Family Friendly Leave - support for you and your family to help you navigate through the craziness of family life.