UKFast is looking for an Enterprise Windows Engineer to join us on our Public Cloud journey.
Reporting to our Enterprise Windows Team Leader, your primary role will be to support UKFast's largest customers with all-things-Windows. This team is vital in our journey towards advancing our customer offering in Azure technologies and supporting them on their Hybrid and Public transformations.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to get their foot in the Public Cloud door. Someone passionate about problem-solving and who enjoys fast-paced work would thrive in our environment!What you will do
What you will bring
- Delivering unparalleled customer service and advice to our largest clients, operating across a vast range of industries.
- Architecting and building innovative solutions and products.
- Contributing to the setup, configuration of, and support of our servers.
- Helping us on our journey to becoming a market leader in hybrid cloud solutions.
- Significant experience of Windows systems in a networking environment.
- A proven track record of building, installing,configuring and supporting Windows Server products regarding the specifics listed below:
Familiarity with virtualisation platforms, esp. Hyper-V and vSphere products
IIS, inc. as part of a mixed Windows/Linux web stack
Exchange and Exchange Online / Office 365
Microsoft SQL Server
SAN storage and architecture experience - EMC/EqualLogic/Netapp/3PAR/HP and/or Dell server hardware
Familiarity with PowerShell, the .NET family of languages, and basic coding concepts
- Azure experience is desirable
- Exposure to command-linescripting.
- Motivation to provide impeccable customer service whilst working in a lean, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- A positive, passionate, and can-do attitude with a strong interest to learn and develop yourself professionally.
- Qualification/certification to Microsoft Associate level (Server/Azure Admin) is desirable.
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- Private health insurance after one years' service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
- Flexible working and work from home
- Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
- Pearson Vue test centre on-site
- On-site gym
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
- Free onsite parking
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Team building experiences
- Weekly virtual quiz nights and team parties
- Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
- Active and engaged diversity groups with events and educational sessions arranged regularly