The Advocate Group is supporting a leading Private Label organisation in their exciting expansion over the coming months, with the key hire of Head of Marketing.
Following significant Private Equity investment, the business will be looking to grow and develop its current customer base, in addition to securing new business via additional channels to market.
Expectations of the role:
- Working with the Commercial Director, CEO & Exec Team to create and deliver a business development strategy including channel & brand specific development objectives and sustainable growth plan.
- Lead external company communication via both website and social media strategies.
- Support development of brand and channel-specific marketing plans to support strategic objectives
- Support sales colleagues in the development of Joint Business Plans with Key Customers that support Commercial channel strategy.
- Lead the company development and utilisation of category data to drive decision-making.
- Champion consumer insight including where required the use of consumer research to gain a full understanding of future consumer needs.
- Lead CPD and NPD linked to category and consumer insight to guide developments and lead key customer decision-making.
- Drive the development of branded, licensed branded, and other NPD to deliver necessary penetration, distribution, turnover, and margin objectives.
- Achieve specific distribution objectives for Core and NPD Innovation.
- Develop and Implement brand promotional & marketing activities to support channel objectives.
- Responsible for leading and building the capability of the team to deliver outstanding performance.
- Preferably in both a branded & own-label chilled foods business.
- Understanding of customer & consumer requirements across the sales channels (UK B2C, B2B, and Foodservice)
- Full P&L and Budgetary responsibility
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding performance.
- Team capability development and management
- Outstanding organisation influencer with confidence to communicate at all levels.
- Exceptional Leadership & influencing skills with the ability to quickly switch from strategic to tactical thinking.
- Best in class analytical capability, able to quickly analyse complex data and make informed decisions.
- Broad and deep commercial awareness with strong customer understanding.
- Highly numerate (excellent knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint)
- A Problem solver, ability to think outside the box and implementing step change.
- Ability to take the initiative, willingness to challenge. Highly proactive.
- Energetic, Enthusiastic, and Ambitious
- A participative Team player
If you are looking for a new challenge within a growth business with key USP's then let's speak!