We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.Job Description
Experian are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Dynamic and growing Nottingham based distributed systems group, within the Product Development Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled team of engaged technical specialists working in a fast-paced environment.
Experian are currently making huge investments in cutting edge technology and this role will be at the forefront of our technical transformation. We are constantly looking at how we can be creative in the way we deliver solutions to our clients and as part of this role you will be challenged to find efficiencies through automation, working closely with our internal and external clients to deliver innovative solutions, whilst modernising our distributed environment through first class execution and input into future strategy.
The Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for: -
- Delivery of high-quality infrastructure as code solutions within a dedicated transformation team.
- Infrastructure automation, Technical planning, code creation and execution within a self-organised Agile team
- Development of and adherence to policies and procedures to ensure all work is executed to a high standard
- Communication of team progress and roadmaps
- Collaboration with product owners, partners and relationship building with other internal teams
- Continual improvement of quality and efficiency of delivery
As such, we are looking for someone that has experience of working in a medium to large environment with extensive knowledge of Automation, product development and Agile methodologies. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, have strong communication and interpersonal skills with a solid technical background in automation skillsets such as Ansible, PowerShell and Terraform.QualificationsTechnical Skills - Desirable
- Scripting and automation experience - i.e. PowerShell, YAML, GIT
- ServiceNow Development
- Experience with the following Cloud Providers - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Atlassian Suite - Jira, Confluence as well as Bitbucket
- Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience of Containerisation with tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Agile working practices (Scrum, LeSS, Kanban)
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience with ticket tracking software, specifically Service Now
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with internal/external customers, vendors, management in both formal and informal situations
- Ability to innovate and work without direction/supervision
- Ability to think creatively