Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG's UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK's largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion - what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.Pensions Actuary - Manager within our Operational Consolidator Team
We are seeking to expand our Actuarial team and wish to recruit a Pensions Actuarial Manager to be based in our Edinburgh
office and act as Scheme Actuary.
The pensions team is growing significantly, including substantial new business wins within our operational consolidator platform. We are recruiting at various levels within our trustee services team to help deliver actuarial and administration advice to a large portfolio of clients in new and innovative ways. This is the opportunity to be part of this exciting and growing business as more pension schemes look at consolidation solutions for their future.Role and Responsibilities
This role will be suitable for experienced pensions consultants who are FIA/FFA qualified with a scheme actuary certificate (or the ability to obtain one in the short-term), and who have experience of managing client relationships and advising Trustee boards. In addition to proven technical and client consulting experience, individuals are to have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate that they can develop the people they work with in order to deliver quality work to clients.
- Building and managing relationships with trustee boards.
- Delivering professional pensions consulting advice on all aspects affecting trustees.
- Acting as Scheme Actuary to a number of DB Pension schemes.
- Providing pension accounting disclosures where required by pension scheme's sponsoring Employers.
Experience and Competencies
- Either FIA or FFA qualified.
- Scheme Actuary certificate (or the equivalent experience obtained).
- Excellent client management and relationship skills.
- Proactive and commercial approach.
- The ability to act as a Scheme Actuary to defined benefit pension schemes (or apply for a certificate in the short-term).
- An understanding of how a trustee board can meet their statutory and fiduciary objectives in the context of the scheme sponsor and the regulatory environment.
- Experience of providing pension accounting disclosures for company accounts.
- A proven track record in consulting with clients in a mainstream employee benefits firm.
- The ability to work within a multi-disciplinary professional services firm.
- Ability to lead and coach less experienced staff and work closely with colleagues in multi-disciplinary client service teams.