383 is a digital product studio. We simplify life by solving problems with brilliant products.
We work with the bold and the brave to imagine solutions, define experiences and build great products that make life easier for users.
We start with the problem and focus on designing the right solution. That means questioning, testing and validating everything, so we can build the right thing - and build the thing right. We aim for our work to have a positive impact on people's lives, even if that's in the smallest of ways. We do this by putting technology to work in smart ways to make it easier for people to live brilliantly.
At 383 marketing, our aim is to create sparks - those little flashes of inspiration, interest and intrigue that start conversations, whether that's with prospects, with current clients, with partners and influencers, or even with future 383ers. We provide that little nudge that gets people excited and makes them think, opening the door to 383. With the right conditions and a bit of nurturing, those sparks can turn into long term relationships.
As a department, our mission is to create marketing that we can be proud of, helping to build our reputation not only for the work we do, but for our content and viewpoint as well. Our goal is to be as renowned and respected for our marketing as we are for our people and our work. Our marketing should always feel authentically 383, reflecting our values, our voices and our expertise to the wider world.
We're looking for a Community Manager to join the team, reporting into the Head of Marketing. You will be responsible for developing and nurturing relationships with our communities, raising awareness of who we are and what we do within our target audiences across marketing channels. Your primary focus will be 383, and you'll also have a chance to work with the other brands in our group, including our award-winning digital product conference, Canvas.
In this role, you'll find yourself
- Managing our social media channels across LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter to drive engagement and increase our reach
- Working with our internal teams across design, engineering, project management, strategy and operations to dig out interesting stories
- Creating and curating engaging social content aligned to our values and showcasing our people and skills
- Managing our events calendar, creating opportunities to engage our target audiences
- Expanding our network to find interesting speakers, authors and partners who can help us reach our audiences
- Keeping an eye on trends in digital product to make sure our content is fresh, relevant and useful
- And, most importantly, tracking performance to make sure we're focusing our efforts in the right places.
There's a few things we're looking for in our next Community Manager
- You understand how to build awareness and drive engagement to turn an audience into a community
- You know the ins and outs of digital marketing channels, and especially social media platforms, and have experience working with scheduling tools
- You enjoy creating content and telling stories, and can adapt your style for different channels and audiences
- You've been involved in managing events, whether online or IRL, and are comfortable working to deadlines
- You are data-driven and can dig into the stats to find juicy insights and understand what works and what doesn't
- You've worked with stakeholders and partners at different levels, both internal and external, and are happy to open up conversations
- Our audience is primarily UK based, so you'll need excellent English language skills
- Any experience you have working with B2B audiences, managing paid social campaigns on LinkedIn or Twitter, working with online event platforms, or in email marketing is a definite plus.
You'll probably be
- Inquisitive - you're naturally curious, ask lots of questions and just enjoy learning new things
- A storyteller - you can spin a yarn with the best of them and find something interesting wherever you look
- Driven - you set your own goals and hold yourself accountable
- Tenacious - you don't mind chasing down what you need to succeed
In terms of experience, you'll have one or two similar roles under your belt already, and are looking for a new role where you can step up and take more ownership, with lots of opportunity to grow our audience and influence our marketing strategy.
Over time, you'll progress to Community Lead, taking on more responsibility for defining our community strategy, or you may choose to broaden your role to a wider digital marketing position.About Us
We're a pretty laid back bunch, but there's a few things you should know about what's important to us.
Humility, not modesty. We know that we're good and we trust in our people, our skills, and our capabilities. But we also know that nobody is above making mistakes, and there is always more for us to learn. We talk with confidence, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
Bravery, not bravado. We push each other to be better, take calculated risks, and admit when we're in the wrong. We put our money where our mouth is, and hold the same high standards of ourselves as we do of our clients.
Compassion, not indifference. We care about each other, we care about the work we do, and we care about the world we live in. We understand that we all have lives outside of the office, and that our impact goes beyond the products we build.
Honesty, not lip service. We believe in straight talking and telling it like it is, without pushing an agenda. We strive to have open conversations that focus on the right thing to do.Benefits
The salary band for this role is £25-£30k, and we offer lots of extra perks to sweeten the deal.
Health and wellbeing - comprehensive health cover, including dental and optical care, and an active programme with lots of resources to support your mental health
Fun fund - A quarterly budget to spend on whatever makes you happy
Group pension - 3% contribution scheme
Training fund - Budget for courses, events and professional development. We also run regular breakfast sessions, where 383ers share some of their knowledge, whether work-related or not - topics range from running triathlons and creating board games to designing an ITT process and design psychology.
Sabbatical - A four week paid sabbatical after five years of active service
Flexible & remote working - Our studio is awesome, but you don't have to be chained to your desk 9 to 5 every day. We offer flexible hours and freedom to work from home (or wherever else you find yourself...!)
Your birthday off - In addition to 20 days of annual leave, an extra day for every year of service, and two weeks shut down at Christmas, you get your birthday off. Because - let's be honest - nobody wants to work on their birthday.
Canvas - Access to a community of product people and a ticket to our award-winning annual conference. This year's line up includes Gymshark, Monzo and Zoopla, with more speakers to be announced soon!
We're a pretty sociable bunch, so there's lots of opportunities to catch up with your colleagues, online and IRL, from 5aside footy to book club (which may as well be renamed wine and cheese club, if we're honest...).
How to apply
We don't believe in seven stage interviews, psychometric testing, or mass committees deliberating if you're 'worthy' of being a part of our team. At the same time, we won't just have a chinwag over a coffee and offer you a job on the spot either. What's really important is you feel we're a fit for you, and vice versa, so we will spend time getting to know each other.
Generally speaking, the application process will include
- A chat with our Talent Manager, Natalie, to talk through your CV and experience
- An interview with our Head of Marketing, Stephanie. You'll be given a couple of things to prepare in advance, including a brief to respond to. Don't worry - we'll give you plenty of time for this bit.
- Finally, you'll meet with our founder, Sukhi.
You can expect a transparent process that's a level playing field for all candidates. We want you to succeed and give you a stage to show the best side of yourself. After all, this is the type of challenge 383ers thrive on.
You may not meet all of the requirements in this job description, but you should still apply, especially if you have an interesting story to tell. Your skills and passion will stand out and set you apart - especially if your path into digital marketing has been unconventional. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge the status-quo.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we're not able to reach out to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in contact with you!
We also have a policy of non-solicitation of employees from either active or prospective clients. Apologies if this impacts you, but it's the best way to protect our commercial relationships with our partners.