Salary: Circa £40,000 Role Profile - Overview
We are working with an agency looking for a skilled client handler, idea generator and campaign manager - an Account Manager with a creative edge.
The AM role sits within the Brand & Communications team in the agency. Working into the Account Directors and alongside the planning and project teams, the AM has responsibility for delivering campaigns and content across key accounts.About the job
This role is specifically focused on building and delivering employee-facing campaigns filled with multi-media content. There is an always-on creative requirement and the role involves ongoing campaign and content creation. But it's not just about great ideas. Some of their clients are big famous corporates who expect to not only see work they haven't seen before, but work that is planned and executed with exceptional attention to detail. To help with that the role works alongside the planning team to make sure everything is delivered on time and on budget, and our Creative Studio to brief in design and creative production needs. About you
You are familiar with, and flourish in, fast-paced strategic, creative environments.
If you're from an agency background, you will have played a role in managing accounts from briefing to delivery, with great experience of working with big corporate brands where you have developed the creative brief, inputted into it and have a proven record of great delivery.
You might come from an internal comms background, which is great. If so, you will have worked on the creative, campaign, channels and content side of the work more than the HR Business Partner side. You may be from a different comms discipline, which is also great. Most likely from a background in social, PR, or corporate comms with a great understanding of building and delivering campaigns. You will have great experience working with the live/events channel, and like all of us will have been challenged to pivot a lot of traditional comms work on-line to work for remote audiences.Specifically, you will spend your time mostly on these things:
Working with the planning team to agree stakeholder planning processes and managing the reporting plans needed for deliverables in the account. You will work into the AD on client set-up, reporting and evaluation and oversee delivery plans throughout the life cycle of the project, managing risk and any subsequent changes as part of this. You'll be a first-class communicator with good financial management and commercial acumen.
Creative Comms & Campaigns
Working with the broader comms team, you will develop great ideas to bring comms solutions to life in our unique way. Their full team, at all levels, work hands on and pitch-in to dream up real world solutions for our clients that focus on impact and maximum engagement. There is a permanent requirement to find solutions and creative ideas across a full range of comms services; campaign ideas, engagement initiatives, change programmes, copy writing and all-round content production fit for multiple channels. As everyone is working remotely right now there is an increased focus on digital, film and social content for clients. Experience of digital thinking is vital in this role.
Presenting & Pitching
They pitch a lot and present work back to clients regularly. The AM will play a part in the overall pitch process - bringing insights and ideas, contributing to the pitch development content and when needed, presenting as part of the pitch team.Flexibility
The ability to move between different client accounts, and therefore different briefs, needs and outputs is part of the job. A flexible style and working on changing requirements throughout the day is needed.Your Experience - essential
Your Experience - good to have
- You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience, either working agency side or in-house, as an Account Exec ready for a move upwards or an Account Manager looking for a new role. With proven experience in a strategic / creative environment.
- You know what 'good' looks like and have a strong portfolio of campaign work that you have led from the briefing stage through to delivery. You will have loads of experience designing and managing a channels plan, including a track record of creating/managing/re-positioning digital and social channels, alongside content management and briefing in production needs.
- A full working knowledge of print and production across the full sweep of creative services is needed. Good copy skills are a given. Brilliant with people, strong presentation skills, working on deadline and a solid planning background is essential.
- You will have an interest in brands, consumer trends and popular culture. This includes social media, digital services and the UK print media/news cycle. A willingness to consistently develop and stay up to date with trends in Internal Comms, Employee Engagement and Employee Culture is needed. They don't specialise by sector so it's important that you proactively take the time to research any sector you're working with and immerse yourself into a client's business, be that a small biz or a giant corporate.
- Business strategy and we incentivise new business wins with a bonus if you bring a new client to the agency.
When it comes to the team, they are a creative agency and therefore understand, love and are heavily into the full sweep of pop culture; music, film, fashion, food, media, technology, travel, all aspects of creative work and a solid understanding of the day-to-day news agenda (this is not an exhaustive list!). VMA
GROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making. VMA
GROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam, and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis. VMA
GROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.