The Amarin team is looking for a Marketing Manager (United Kingdom).
At Amarin, you'll make a difference.
Our vision is to one day reach the moment when heart disease is no longer the #1 cause of death in Europe. Bold, we know. But it's what drives us every single day. Knowing that because of what we do, someone somewhere is less likely to have a heart attack or stroke. That's making a real difference if you ask us.
Even though we've been around for a while, in Europe, we're starting from scratch. Building the organization, setting up the processes, educating people, delivering therapies. And we're doing it in record time. In today's life science industry, that's unique. Some might even say "once-in-a-lifetime".
So if you're looking for a company where you'll be at the start of an amazing journey, a company that's introducing a new era in cardiovascular care in Europe based on groundbreaking science, a company where you can really apply your experience, are empowered to innovate, where hard work is rewarded, and above all where you can make a true difference in people's lives, Welcome!
But let's be perfectly clear, given our current start-up phase, the pressure is high. Resilience, flexibility, results-oriented, and accountability aren't vague notions here. We expect a lot from each other - and so we should. After all, patients count on us.
And at Amarin, we also count on each other. Teamwork and collaboration are essential. We support each other, challenge each other and help each other. Across all functions and countries. We focus on moving forward, aren't afraid of mistakes and leaders are just a (video) call away. Because we know that together, we achieve more. Working with some of the brightest in the industry, each as knowledgeable, determined, and committed to our vision as the next, you'll achieve more too.
The Marketing Manager will take ownership of strategic and operational execution of the product launch and ongoing brand management in the UK. They will work closely alongside the Customer Engagement Manager, other affiliate marketing managers, and the wider cross-functional UK team.
Reporting into the UK Marketing Director, this role will be responsible for developing the brand launch and managing operational aspects of the brand.
· Localisation of the Vazkepa strategy and launch model, owns key messaging, creative agency relationships, and brand positioning as part of the overall marketing strategic plan.
· Works alongside the UK Marketing Director to provide input into the overall brand/launch strategy in the UK and works with the team to implement the strategic marketing plan.
· Aligning and working closely with the cross-functional team to deliver one brand strategy launch.
· Owns the launch model supported through the Engagement Framework process: Using market research to help mapping patient/customer journeys; profiling key stakeholders to inform content & messaging; connecting phased activity into campaigns & programming.
· Leads the development of the National Plan for UK congresses and conferences whilst also inputting into the successful delivery of EU events.
· Assists in developing the coordination of assigned launch activities and specific projects with cross-functional colleagues in sales, digital, market access, medical affairs, and other departments.
· Translates the brand strategy into tangible deliverables to be used by both the primary care sales force as well as secondary specialty care KAMs.
· Responsible for the development of content and training materials to the relevant teams when required as per the commercial strategy.
· Fully understands and engages with the EU Vazkepa strategy and localizes this for optimal delivery of UK goals via highly effective brand planning and execution including creation and development of brand assets that resonate with all targeted customers.
· Works closely with medical in order to develop a robust medico-marketing customer-centric engagement plan with clear advocacy development for both established and newly appointed customers in both primary but mainly secondary care.
· Creates an integral strategy for pharmacy in both primary and secondary care to optimize patient uptake through shared care protocols and joint pathways.
· Gathers market insights and opportunities for NHS collaborative and co-created approaches through the evolving 42 ICSs in the UK leading to optimal patient care through targeted activities and programs.
· Gathers insights and stays close to the customer by maintaining active communication with field colleagues and external experts to better understand needs, issues and opportunities.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with KOLs and other key strategic partners.
· Works alongside the UK Marketing Director to ensure effective control OPEX revenues, budgets, and tangible results.
· University Degree in Science, Marketing or similar relevant qualification preferable.
· 5 years proven track record in pharmaceutical marketing at an affiliate level. Above country experience a bonus.
· Knowledge and experience in the cardio-metabolic market are preferred.
· Comprehensive understanding of Primary and Secondary Care Physicians and their different needs a must.
· Good understanding of the needs of the currently changing NHS essential including the ability to knowledgeably input into payor discussions.
· Product launch experience is required, along with knowledge of local and EU material review processes. Utilization of Veeva approval process preferred.
· Proven success in Marketing Campaign Planning & Execution.
· Has a robust understanding of the local network, including healthcare professionals, KOLs, marketing agencies etc. Proven knowledge of key customers and key influencers in Cardio-Metabolic disease in the UK is a considerable plus.
· Knowledge of medical affairs, market access and pricing/reimbursement functions and inter-relationships. Strong understanding of how to support a sales team with relevant materials/content.
· Results-oriented, strong project management skills and the ability to lead without authority.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, including MS Office.
· English speaking essential, other languages a plus but not required.
· Acts as a change agent in a very agile organization.
· Integrity, Operational Excellence, Commitment to Quality, and Collaboration need to be demonstrable core values.
You will be joining a business that has a knowledgeable, high-achieving, and experienced team, in an international and diverse work environment. You will have the opportunity to be part of the rapidly growing EU commercial team and pivotal in the next success story. There will be a supportive, coaching, and inclusive culture, with motivated and committed teams working towards a group goal.
This is a fantastic brand leadership opportunity for someone to join and make an impact early on as they shape and deliver their marketing strategy moving forward. With excellent development prospects, the role offers a competitive salary and benefits scheme. Location in UK company main office, location yet to be defined.
Are you excited about the opportunity? Apply now and we will get back to you soon!