Working as a Database Administrator you will be focusing on deploying, operating and maintaining both internal and client databases from small development systems through to mission critical production systems. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' experience supporting production databases with exposure to a number of Oracle database versions.
The candidate should possess a solid understanding of the core elements of database administration such as backup and recovery, patching, monitoring, systems tuning and capacity management with a working knowledge of more advanced features such as RAC, ASM and dataguard replication.
The position sits within a small team of specialist DBA's within our Newcastle regional delivery centre. Our teams here are actively encouraged to work collaboratively across all technology groups and to play a key part in our businesses success. As investors in our people, you will have access to a range of training platforms and support to further develop and hone your expertise as well as explore and diversify in to other technologies.
We work with and support our clients 24x7, 365 meaning there are elements of out of hours working. The team provide out of hours cover on a rota basis and it expected that the successful candidate would join the rota following an initial onboarding with the team.Successful candidates must be UK nationals (no dual nationality) and eligible for security clearance.Responsibilities:
- Monitor database performance and where applicable, suggest and implement improvements
- Support and maintain the Oracle databases across dev/test to production
- Take a proactive approach to database patching. Impact, test and apply Oracle database patches
- Database version upgrades
- Backup and recovery procedures
- Participate in out of hours and on call activities
- Reacting to and resolving high severity incidents
- Resolution of problems and performing RCA
- Automation of repetitive administration and build tasks
- Capacity and Configuration Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Support the development of our junior team members
- Database administration of versions 10g through to current versions
- Database patching
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle on Unix including best practices
- Real application Clusters (RAC)
- Dataguard - Physical and logical standby
- ASM administration
- Enterprise Manager administration
What we are offering as a company:
- Database versions pre 10g.
- Multitenant architecture and pluggable databases
- Working knowledge of Oracle on Windows
- Oracle Certification OCA/OCP although not essential
- Cloud administration and working knowledge of migrations
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Ability to learn and adapt to new frameworks/technologies
- Scripting - bash, perl, ruby, python
- DevOps & Agile methodology experience, working with small agile teams, is a plus
For more award-winning information, please visit the below link:Awards and Recognitions
- Benefit package consisting of private medical insurance, gym membership discounts, pension scheme, etc.
- Competitive salary
- Continuous learning opportunities
DXC Technology is committed to the development of a fully inclusive workforce. All applications for employment are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required for the role. DXC Technology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith or sexual orientation.
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. The world's largest companies and public sector organizations trust DXC to deploy services across the Enterprise Technology Stack to drive new levels of performance, competitiveness, and customer experience. Learn more about how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues at www.DXC.com