We are looking for a candidate with experience in Front Office products and processes. By joining us you will get to see first-hand the changes that disruptive technologies and a rapidly changing environment are bringing to the world of wholesale banking and will help BBVA in its way of continuous transformation.
Within the team in charge of the functional management and support of Global Markets tools, BBVA needs a flexible and adaptive candidate capable to perform the following kind of tasks (non exhaustive):
Position will be based in London,
- Contribute to the functional support of other Front Office members, by directly receiving functional doubts or problems and working towards its explanation (providing financial justifications when needed) or resolution.
- Understand Sales and Traders needs and help them in the conceptualization of projects, with different time horizons.
- Contribute to the design of new solutions and the execution of new projects by providing expert criteria and experience in project management.
- Lead new technologies initiatives, in order to assess its convenience for Global Markets at a relatively early stage.
- Identify weaknesses and opportunities in both processes and systems and proactively suggest remediation plans.
where Global Markets has part of its core activity (such as Credit business).ABOUT THE TEAM
You will be part of a global Quantitative & Business Solution team made up of >50 people who all have a passion for financial markets, products and services offered to our clients.
Area: CIB / Global Markets / Quantitative & Business Solutions / Strategy & Platform Management / Platform Management
Organisation: the open position is part of a broad Quantitative & Business Solution team that works under agile methodology. Assignment to concrete functions and projects is reviewed on a quarterly basis.
Team Profiles: Engineers (computer science, telecommunications, industrial, etc.), Mathematicians and Economists, with open minds and broad knowledge of financial markets, products, systems and processes. Working both in the functional support of other FO Areas (such as Sales & Traders) and strategic platform evolution projects.
Contribution to BBVA strategy and objectives: Platform Management helps the business to decline the strategy into concrete tangible and productive solutions, by helpìng in the proposition, design and execution of projects that all have a technical angle. It contributes to Global Markets growth by facilitating the adoption to new business models through modern, efficient, user friendly, flexible and agile corporative solutions, together with seamless and streamline processesACADEMIC BACKGROUND
Desired but not mandatory:
- Degree in Engineering, Maths, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- MBA, Master Degree in Finance or other official certifications (CFA, FRM, etc.)
- PMP Certification
- Programming skills
Desired but not mandatory:
- At least 2-3 years' experience working with Calypso (FO system)
- At least 2-3 years' experience in security finance products
- Expertise in team working and interacting with different areas
- Advanced knowledge of Office package (Excel, Power Point, etc.) and Google tools
- At least 2-3 years' experience in top functional consultancy firms
- Other Global Markets products and end-to-end processes
- Agile fundamentals
- Additional Front Office tools (such as Bloomberg)
- English: C1
- Additional languages will be positively valued