This is a Kickstarter Scheme position (candidate must be aged between 16-24 and on, or have applied for, Universal Credit).
We are building an exciting business intelligence platform designed for corporate customers, complex data structure for handling customer data and a flexible back-office to be used by consultants. The initial focus of the platform is to create visibility over corporate IT, software installs and utilisation on desktops, data centres and the cloud.
We are looking for someone who will help us with support and development for our analytics platform and the backend APIs. This will involve hands-on work on solving tickets and bugs raised by the consulting team and customers with the help of others in the team. The rest of the time will be spent on developing and bug fixing backend APIs.
You will be working with a closely-knit agile team of experienced developers, product management and members of the consulting team.Competencies And Experience
This is a Kickstarter Scheme position (candidate must be aged between 16-24 and on, or have applied for, Universal Credit).Requirements
- Hands-on Java development and familiarity with Linux either as part of the curriculum or job experience
- Understanding of Agile development practices
- Knowledge and experience of NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Spring framework, container technologies e.g. docker and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins is a plus
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to think creatively
- Willingness to learn new technologies and frameworks and implement them as part of daily work
- Software developing skills
- Good team player
- Analytical skills
- Active Listener
- Time Management