Senior IT Security Analyst - Greencore - S43 4WP with remote working options.Why Greencore?
You may not have heard of us, but we're sure you've tried our products. We're a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK's food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.What you'll be doing:
In this role you'll join our existing IT Service Delivery team who are responsible for all our Information Technology (IT) of and Operational Technology (OT) equipment across Greencore Group.
In your role you will take ownership of patch and vulnerability management, implementing security improvements, and supporting the rest of the team during security events and incidents.
On a typical day you'll be assessing vulnerability and patch availability reports from our endpoint management tools and vulnerability scanners and combining this with alerts from suppliers' and other public sources. With these insights and an understanding of Greencore's critical systems, you'll be prioritising and applying updates directly or coordinating the implementation of fixes with the appropriate teams. You will also take ownership of and improve existing patch and vulnerability management reporting.
In addition to patch and vulnerability management, you will also be relied upon to support with more general security improvements as per our security roadmap. You'll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies and systems ranging from longstanding manufacturing equipment to standard Enterprise IT and cutting-edge software and solutions.
Roles and responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Analysing, prioritising, and planning the remediation of vulnerabilities and recommended patches.
- Coordination, and execution of patching and configuration changes required to mitigate detected vulnerabilities.
- Configuration and management of vulnerability scanners and endpoint management tools
- Ownership and improvement of our existing patch and remediation processes using Ivanti Endpoint Management, group policy, or any other means.
- Measuring and reporting patch and remediation compliance against our defined SLAs
- Perform emergency patch role outs and Patch revert as and when required. Perform post patching activities.
- Must have a security and automation mindset. Experience working in Data Centre environments performing hardware installation, Firmware upgrades.
- Ensures that all phases of patching and support, including installations, firmware upgrades, security and OS patches, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and operating system configuration issues, are properly configured, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
- Support occasional out-of-hours patching when deemed necessary.
- Work with the Security Architecture team, Service Delivery team and other IT departments and functions to define and apply improvements.
- Provide support and training to others within the IT team as appropriate.
- Support the rest of the service delivery team during security events or incidents.
- Represent team in Change Management and other ITIL functions.
- Previous IT Security experience
- A demonstrated aptitude and interest in IT developed in an IT focused group or organisation
- Strong experience in service management and knowledge of the ITIL Framework
- Good customer service skills, with experience of strong stakeholder management (IT and beyond).
- Good problem-solving skills and techniques
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated skills in prioritisation and resource management with minimal guidance.
- Experience working within a multi-region or global organisation
- Experience of working with multiple suppliers/vendors/partners
Software and Services
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and above
- Redhat 7 and above
- Ivanti Endpoint Management (Formerly LANDesk)
- Tenable.io / Nessus Pro / Nessus Security Centre (or other equivalent vulnerability detection tools)
- Basic SQL queries
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Forcepoint/Websense web security gateway
- Group Policy
- Network management, firewall rules, and access control lists
- One Identity (Quest) Active Roles
- One Identity (Quest) Password Manager Office 365 Administration
- Standard Office Suite
- Exchange Online
- SharePoint Online
- Office 365 Security and Compliance
- On-Premise Skype for Business
- VMWare Management
- Citrix Management
- Active Directory
- DNS and DHCP
- Azure Cloud Administration
- SSL Certificate Management
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.