Head of IT Applications
Solutions Performance Resourcing are hiring a Head of IT Applications for a national leading travel operator. Reporting to the Director of Operations you will be responsible for driving efficiency, stability, security, standardisation, and innovation across all applications within the business.
In addition to the core applications, you will prove leadership and guidance to support the Applications and Infrastructure team, embedding a culture of operational excellence to ensure they deliver the best possible results to support the operations to their customers.Key Accountabilities
Experience & Knowledge
- Control the applications and infrastructure budgets in line with both local and central divisional directives.
- Formulate, maintain, and review a written strategy for each application area, ensuring buy-in and agreement from each functional area within the centre.
- Ensure security of data and overall applications architecture is at the forefront of any platform changes and day-to-day management.
- Manage key relationships across technology partners and the business to deliver a service-centric culture.
- Take operational responsibility for the stability and effectiveness of all applications and technology, platforms, incident management, release management, problem management, change management, IT service desk management.
- Drive supplier/contractual service levels to ensure internal performance standards are maintained.
- Build a holistic view of the organisation's strategy, processes, and information reporting requirements, then take this knowledge and ensure the business and applications are aligned.
- Work continually to improve the reliability and functionality of the applications across all areas of responsibility whilst always reflective of cost v benefit of any recommendations that are put forward.
- Work collaboratively with peers and key stakeholders across operations and support services, liaising with other business partners, managers, agents, and third parties to gather information, resolve issues and provide advice.
- Build and develop the Infrastructure Team, providing coaching, training, and feedback on a timely basis to maintain motivation and drive performance through technology enablement.
- Ensure team and service compliance to relevant policies, procedures, and security protocols in order to mitigate business and systems risk.
- Take an active role in working with the Group's CISO in ensuring that they comply with all relevant regulatory security controls including PCI and GDPR requirements.
- A passion for driving technology and application effectiveness helping the business achieve objectives
- Aptitude for creatively solving challenges and driving programs/projects forward
- Proactive and accountable by nature with a culture of performance improvement
- A forward-looking and innovative thinker who can identify, understand and translate needs and implement practical solutions
- Experienced in building and leading teams and motivating them to deliver excellent results
- GDPR and PCI aware with a good cyber security background
- Experienced traditional and digital applications manager
- Experienced line manager who has a track record of managing and motivating a high performing team
- Salesforce service cloud experience is an essential area
- Data and analytic minded
- Cloud platform and applications aware and experienced
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with change management
- Experience in advanced data analysis skills such as AI or
- Cloud certifications in AWS, Azure, or Salesforce
- ITIL fundamentals
- Core IT experience in IT Applications management
- Understanding of server and networking architecture is an advantage
If this sounds like the sort of thing you're up for, let's talk.