Senior Python/Django DeveloperRemote working/London£600-700/day6 month contract initially INSIDE IR35
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer/Django Developer
to join a Central Government department at a crucial and exciting time.The role
As a Python Developer you'll develop and improve software that meets citizen's needs. You'll be responsible for writing clean, secure code, following a test-driven approach (TDD). You'll create code that is open by default and easy for others to reuse and troubleshoot production issues.
Our client code in the open following GDS recommendation.You'll be involved in:
Senior Python/Django Developer, you'll have demonstrable experience of:
- Working in a cross-disciplinary agile team.
- Take part in user research sessions.
- Developing new features and improving existing digital services.
- Understanding the service throughout the stack, working in the DevOps culture.
- Reviewing the systems designs of others to ensure selection of the right technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems
- Understanding how to undertake and support integration testing activities.
- Being an active member of the cross departmental developers' community
- Helping with growing our teams and mentoring of more junior developers
- Full stack web application development using - Python, REST APIs, PostgreSQL, Docker & Bash.
- Programming, build and review of agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programs or scripts of medium to high complexity
- Using modern standards approach to write clean, secure, and well-tested code - TDD and BDD environments and the implementation of toolkits/APIs for continuous integration, deployment, performance optimisation, security, and scalability
- Systems integration to include coordinating build and integration testing activities
- Development process optimisation and contributing to delivering solutions
- Collaborating with user researchers, prioritising, and defining approaches focused on user needs
- Ability to define metrics and translate complex data to make informed decisions and help your team write tests to gather and validate hypothesis
- Mentoring less experienced developers
- InfoSec - Designing solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats.
- Prototyping - Used a variety of methods of prototyping, actively seeking prototypes and testing with others, establishes design patterns and iterate them.
- Availability and capacity management - You can manage the service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
- Building a diverse, inclusive culture across the development community, growing awareness, inclusivity, and balance
For this role, the essential behaviours required are:
- Working together
- Delivering at pace
- Developing self and others
- Changing and improving
- Making effective decisions
- Communicating and influencing
- Seeing the big picture
- Managing a quality service
Please note, this role is inside of IR35 and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If this role is of interest, please apply for immediate consideration.