MES Engineer - Aspen Applications
Due to an increasing workload and future expansion plans we're looking for dedicated, innovative and driven talent to join our UK team. We are seeking experienced Engineering resources with a background in manufacturing systems integration. Experience particularly in Aspen Applications such as AMS and eBRS would be advantages along with additional MES Suits such as Werum/PAS-X
, Syncade, IP.21 Serialisaion.
Ideally with experience in the pharmaceutical sector the ideal candidate would be a member of the MES Deployment Services Team. The tram is responsible for deploying new MES systems, and upgrades legacy systems to sites across a large scale pharma manufacturing network.
The opportunities afforded to the successful candidate would be to contribute to a team of experienced integration engineers by bringing to that team a knowledge of integration skills within the manufacturing environment whilst also supplying data historian/Information management integration knowledge.
Zenith Technologies is looking to recruit a self-starter who has an appreciation for the direction of Industry 4.0
and can also show evidence of development/leadership of small teams of more junior engineers.
It is expected that the successful individual will have an appreciation of the MESA
Enterprise Level model and can bridge the information layer between MES, MIS, IMS and the ERP, MRP layers
Knowledge of ISA S-88
and ISA S-95
would be a benefit.Main Responsibilities:
- Participate in scoping new deployments/ upgrades of the Aspen applications.
- The MES Engineer will contribute to the support of MES Projects on-site.
- The MES Engineer will work under client supervision and be expected to be compliant with customer lifecycle documents including: User requirements specifications, functional specifications, configuration specifications test specifications
- The MES Engineer will also be responsible for reviewing MES project work during design, construction and validation as required by the client
- The MES Engineers will also be expected to support site with testing, commissioning and validation of the MES systems to meet the overall project schedules.
- Works closely together with client teams to ensure deliverables are ready in time for the different milestones throughout the project.
- Works closely together with client teams to ensure the defined standards are followed consistently in the project and where applicable library modules are used as and where intended.
- Business Travel will be necessary at times
- Experience of life science and GxP
- Familiar with S88/S95 concepts
- Demonstrated capability for leading/driving complex Automation projects technically from initial design & development through to the validation of the facility in support of defined objectives
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the pharma environment delivering MES projects through design / commission and start-up
- Stakeholder management and customer interaction
- Has a developed process understanding of production processes used like upstream, downstream processes or CIP, and/or has a knowledge of MES system architectures.
- Ability to constructively challenge, defend and present technical aspects of system design
- Experience with Aspens AMS and eBRS MES Suite
- Experience in MES Suits such as Werum/PAS-X, Syncade, IP.21 Serialisaion would be advantageous.